• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
m_attt

Back Again... With A Turbo, Few Questiions

m_attt

hi

been a wile since i posted, i was a long term lurker, had quite a few 205's from base model 1.1's to 2l dimma turbos. and plenty in between. then i sold up and moved to bmw e36's but have always had a urge to get another 205 as i love them.

few weeks ago my bmw nearlly met its maker and is now off the road awaiting a new chassis leg.

then a little 205 with a xantia turbo engine turned up for good money that i couldt refuse, mainly for a run around till i get round to sorting my beemer.

its had its ecu unlocked by the ecu doctor, but is running standard boost.

as its been a long time since i had my last one, i was wondering what boost can be safley run on standard engine, was i right in remembering you can use a boost controller to put it closer to 200bhp?? and what psi?

thanks in advance

matt

Discostu

Standard ecu will only run 1bar of boost max

Miles

Best thing to do it ditch it and get a aftermarket ECU fitted, On one I have done with a std engine bar a 88mm bore got 210bhp and 240lb ft of torque with .5 bar of boost.

m_attt
Standard ecu will only run 1bar of boost max

thats about 14psi isnt it? i had a rover coupe turbo that i used a boost controller to up it to 1bar and it went like hell.

what is the xantia engine as standard.

m_attt
Best thing to do it ditch it and get a aftermarket ECU fitted, On one I have done with a std engine bar a 88mm bore got 210bhp and 240lb ft of torque with .5 bar of boost.

have you anymore details? im not looking to spend loads just yet, but for future reference.

adamc

the new 205 you hav just bought wasn't the red one on ebay was it?

m_attt
the new 205 you hav just bought wasn't the red one on ebay was it?

yes thats the one, i have bought it in principle at the moment i have put down a deposit. will be going this weekend and as long as its as described i will be bringin it home :lol:

seller seems genuine enough so shouldnt be any problems

adamc

yeah looked like a nice pug, even so for the price could be a great car to reshell at some point. good luck with it mate and put some pics up once you have it, i was very tempted but i should use my student loan abit more wisely :)

m_attt
i should use my student loan abit more wisely :P

:) ummm lol, not were mines gone honest.

Edited by m_attt

Sign in to follow this