• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
wardy18

I Need Wider Arches

wardy18

My current wide arches just wont be wide enought for the new 9" wheels im about to fit so can anyone recommend some extra wide arches either for a 205 or that i can adapt to the 205?!

i prefer the look of a simple arch rather than paying silly money for a T16 or Dimma kit

thanx

Baz

You've seen the 4/5" versions of the euro rallye style ones?

tom_m

the fronts will cover 9's for sure, but the rears are no wider than standard.

Batfink

9"!! do you run slicks? Interested to know how these grip and handle. I was going for 8" fronts and 7" rears for my track car.

cybernck
the fronts will cover 9's for sure, but the rears are no wider than standard.

the fronts can be successfully used on the rear though :).

Baz

I think he was referring to the arches fitted on the actual car i posted. :)

cybernck

ofcourse, which is why i said the extra-wide fronts (from the picture)

can be used on the rear too, as they're not available as rears othewise :).

wardy18

yeh i was hoping that someone would post those arches up as i couldnt remember where they came from, have you got any more angles of them thou?! i see they mould into the front bumper but this would cause a problem because my bront bumper has been widened so at each side the bumper is actually wider than the wing with a little lip ontop to join with the wing, do these arches also just stop at the back of the arch or to they mould down lower down the wheel if you see what i mean?! i hate arches that are really wide and just stop half way down the wheel on the back side

Baz

These are the only images i have;

Edited by Baz

wardy18

how much are the front arches and where do you get them from?!

not so sure how the fronts would fit on the back also as the front wing has more of an angle to it that the rear quarter so may look funny on the rear

tom_m

its an ebay seller 'melnorthernline' but there don't appear to be any on the bay right now.

Batfink

James Lumeley had the same kit on his rally car and had 8" wide rears.

tom_m
James Lumeley had the same kit on his rally car and had 8" wide rears.

he had to trim them somewhat to stop the rears eating the arches though iirc

wardy18
9"!! do you run slicks? Interested to know how these grip and handle. I was going for 8" fronts and 7" rears for my track car.

sorry just realised i didnt reply to this, yeh ive got 2 9" and 2 8", not sure which will go on rear and front yet, thinkin 9" on rear to stop the ass coming round but then i want them on the front to pull me round the corners and stop understeer, ill work the arches so that i can swap them around front to back and test!!

i think im just gonna work with the arches i have at the moment and cut them and extend them, fibreglass ity here we come, will post some progress pics

lybker

Hi

I have exact same problem - am fitting 17x9", but choose to go for this kit:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Peugeot-205-verbreiteru...id=p3286.c0.m14

Not to much progress yet - only fitted one arch, and it will still be a close fit:

http://www.bilgalleri.dk/html/gal_visbil.a...&ipc=352821 (last 4 pics)

btw tires i will be using is Dunlop 235/610

wardy18

still looks very tight for room thou even with those arches, ill just cut mine and set it in place with some ally strips then fibrglass the gap then remove the ally, shouldnt be too bad just wanted to see what else was out there

S13Nick

the arch's off that white 205 are in my car!!! if someone wants to buy then, send me an offer

;)

Sign in to follow this