• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo

Can Heater Fan Be Removed Without Dash Stripdown?

Ricardo

Now that winter is upon my little pug I need to keep it warm but the fan has a sqeeky/rattle :)

Sounds as if the bearing/bush is dry so a touch of oil/WD40 is in order.

Can the fan be dropped out without too much hastle as the cars outside and with the constant showers don't fancy kneeling out in the wet to sort it ;)

Any details much appreciated as Mr Haynes is shaking 4 spanners at me :)

Cheers

large

No the car is built around the fan ;) .

Yes it can just pop your head under the dash by the glove box and the fan is held on by 3 nuts. Just remove them and unplug the fan, 10 min job.

Ricardo
Try this http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...l=heater+blower

i have done very little to mine and i found it a dodle

best of luck

Roddie

Cheers for that chaps

Might even get it done before missing too much of the F1! Then a bit of MotoGP ;)

The linked post good too! Mine takes a while to get warm through but does get hot but just doesn't blow so hard.

When setting off and revs get to about 4K the fan suddenly speeds up!!

Ricardo
No the car is built around the fan :ph34r: .

Yes it can just pop your head under the dash by the glove box and the fan is held on by 3 nuts. Just remove them and unplug the fan, 10 min job.

Hey large you lie :ph34r: Car no biw wound fan a all! an job no take 10 minis it take free!

Also pulled the motor out after taking the 2 screws out and cleared loads of pine needles! It did have that fresh air smell thou :rolleyes: next time it sqeeks I'll just remove the rubber bung/grommit from the bottom to reapply a sqirt of WD.

Thanks mates an WAT A DIFFERENCE! drying mi eyeballs out off the screen now <_<

Sign in to follow this