• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Hardgraf

Wheel Knocking At Slow Speed

Hardgraf

I have an intermittent knocking at one of my front wheels. Only faint and only at slow speed. No noise cornering. Comes and goes but is only present after driving for a while, not from cold. The sound is relative to wheel speed.

Sounds like the pad scraping against the disc (new pads). Also get a click when engaging the brake pedal at low speed, don't know if this is related?

Thought maybe cv joint or wheel bearings but noise comes and goes and has not got more severe.

Anyone experienced this before?

cheers

paulfreeth

Sounds like it could be a cv joint.

Have you tryed driving on full lock, if the knocking is there then will be an outer joint. If you cant get the noise on one lock try the other way.

Hardgraf
Sounds like it could be a cv joint.

Have you tryed driving on full lock, if the knocking is there then will be an outer joint. If you cant get the noise on one lock try the other way.

No noise when cornering. Only happens when car has warmed up. I reckon it's the hub bearings...

Got a massive drive to Wales planned this weekend, noooooo

eddie bullit

I have the same which rears its head when I've been out for a while, ie fully warmed up. Nothing wrong with pads or disks and on new cv boots. I'm thinking hubs as well. Is it a costly job? hope not..

Hardgraf
I have the same which rears its head when I've been out for a while, ie fully warmed up. Nothing wrong with pads or disks and on new cv boots. I'm thinking hubs as well. Is it a costly job? hope not..

Think is if It was bearings why is it only when the car's warm. I thnik it might be brake related, going to have a look tonight.

Bearings not expensive just annoying and lots of bashing, swearing etc

welshpug

shouldn't be too much bashing or swearing, new bolts and plenty of anti-seize on it all :huh:

Hardgraf

I need all the anti seize I can get

Sign in to follow this