• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
kala

Remote Central Locking?

kala

hi, what models come with remote central locking as standard?

my old 1.9gti had it but some ive been looking at dont??

help please!!

flipperthebushkangaroo

not sure for later models but up to 89 ish it was only available as part of the alarm (dealer fit option) if i have it right it is only a rebadged moss alarm. but did the job ok for me for about 10 years til it got broken into when i was out in cardiff and the police ripped the wires out to keep the neighbours happy. they rang the police to complain that the alarm was going off :lol:

Still got it fitted but need to sort it out as it seems to get lonely and go off at random now :glare:

Hope this rambling helps

Roddie

christopher
not sure for later models but up to 89 ish it was only available as part of the alarm (dealer fit option) if i have it right it is only a rebadged moss alarm. but did the job ok for me for about 10 years til it got broken into when i was out in cardiff and the police ripped the wires out to keep the neighbours happy. they rang the police to complain that the alarm was going off :lol:

Still got it fitted but need to sort it out as it seems to get lonely and go off at random now :blink:

Hope this rambling helps

Roddie

My 1992 1.9 GTI had one. It used a different IR sender to the alarm

Baz

Ph2's basically, 90> have the capability, not sure they all came as std with it though.

welshpug

my 89 P1.5 1.9 has central locking but not remote (is remote now with aftermarket alarm)

Ryan
Ph2's basically, 90> have the capability, not sure they all came as std with it though.

I think central locking was standard on the 1.9, but remote control was an optional extra.

kilauea
my 89 P1.5 1.9 has central locking but not remote (is remote now with aftermarket alarm)

Likewise here.

wildheart

Do the cars with remote central locking not have a little black half-sphere sensor on the roof (inside) next to the rear-view mirror? My 1990H 1.9 certainly does, though it has never worked for me (what with not having the fob and all...)

Baz

yes. If you have the little dome, the car probably has the wiring, hence my reply above.

I think central locking was standard on the 1.9, but remote control was an optional extra.

Yars, I was referring to the topic, Remote central locking. :)

Edited by Baz

eno

My J reg 1991 never had it.

I had to pay an orphan to pull the door locks up and down for me.

holland_gt

My gtx has the alarm, no fob and a mess of wiring.

But it doesnt have central locking, or is it only remote activated, if so how can i get a fob and fix it!

kala

chears guys, just dont seem to see many with remote central locking do you.

its something i would like on my next one so atleast i no my previous one wasnt fitted with an aftermarket one!

thanks!

sss_205GTI
chears guys, just dont seem to see many with remote central locking do you.

its something i would like on my next one so atleast i no my previous one wasnt fitted with an aftermarket one!

thanks!

My 1990 1.6 has it - dont have any fob - but do have that black sensor thingy near the rear view mirror and do have some very dodgy looking alarm plate on the side of the rear quater, that a key fits (to turn the alarm on and off :huh: !)

So does that mean i should have a fob for the black sensor thingy near the mirror?

Baz

It means it has the capability to have it yes. :huh:

sss_205GTI
It means it has the capability to have it yes. :)

And would that just be a central locking fob or would it be connected to the alarm aswell?

I know on some of our Toyotas, its only a central locking fob and has nothing to do with the alarm or immobiliser.Im crap when it comes to understanding this sort of thing :huh:

Baz

Just a fob, It's seperate, doesn't have anything to do with the alarm that you may have in your car, the remote central locking is a pug thing.

Guest TEXR2000

I'm adding a alarm to get remote locking. just need to work out how to wire it in to the central locking :unsure::)

Sign in to follow this