• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Gunson Ezibleed

GLPoomobile

Ben (Westy) loaned me his Ezibleed the other week and I've just used it for the first time.

I've read conflicting opinions on them, with the nay-sayers poiting out that the caps don't always seal properly on 205s. So, taking the comments in to consideration, I screwed the cap on to the MC carefully and made sure it was tight, and used 2 cable ties around the MC to hold it on. I also made sure the tyre was deflated to 15psi (The instructions say no more than 20psi, so I thought I'd be extra careful).

It was the cap on the supply bottle that was not so good. I instinctively did it up tight, but it seemed to slip off the thread when done like that, and sit at an angle. The dry test showed it was leaking pressure. So I undid it, and screwed it back so it was just nipped up tight-ish, so still sitting straight, but not as tight as before when it came off the thread. Like this it sealed fine.

I then slowly and carefully applied the hose to the tyre valve, so I could apply the pressure gently, and whip it off if it looked like it was going to explode brake fluid everywhere. It was fine.

With it all set up, it takes no time at all to do the whole system. I went around the car 2.5 times in half an hour, which includes jacking up and lowering each corner.

And the best bit? Well, some of you may remember the other week I had problems with a long pedal, and struggled to bleed the system. The pedal seems MUCH firmer now and travel is almost normal again. I'll take it down the road a bit later to see how the brakes feel now (the only other change is the fact that I've just rebuilt one caliper, but I doubt it's that that has made the difference to the pedal).

3 cheers for the Ezibleed :D Gonna have to get my own now. And big thanks to Ben for lending it to me.

Edited by GLPoomobile

johny105_y2k

another thumbs up from me.

did i ever say thanks for the valve stem seal guide?

thanks .

craig f90

I bought one a couple of years ago to do the 205. First attempt it squrted fluid every where. second attempt it still squirted fluid out. Third attempt i Phoned a friend, he got it to work So i told him he could keep the bloody thing as it hates Me. To be fair though it wasnt the Ezibleed tool at fault, it was the tool operating it. :D

But anyone who isnt an incompetent fool, id recomend they have one as part of their tool kit. :D

hengti

was really impressed when i first used mine but haven't used it for a couple of years, gave it a go recently and couldn't get it to seal. hey ho. really handy piece of kit when you can get them airtight though

jackherer

I don't put any brake fluid in the easy bleed, I just make sure the res is always topped up. This way there is no risk of fluid leaks and it still works perfectly.

saveloy

I've had one for more years than I care to remember. It's brilliant. And quick.

Sign in to follow this