• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
djinuk

Car Knocking / Loose.. Worn Suspension ?

djinuk

I have a 205 gti 1.9 with avo coilovers on the front. , the front end of the car is knocking and banging , and feels very loose. The knocks are most evident for example when coming off a speed bump . I looked under the bonnet and the metal part of the suspension top mount , where the bolt goes through can be spun around with your fingers. would i be right in saying i need to fit new top mounts. If so does anybody have part numbers etc , so i can get the bits ordered.

Thanks

dirtdog

I thought the round bits are meant to turn? they do on mine..although one is more free/loose than the other so cant be sure...

Checked the drop links?

djinuk

had 2 new drops links on only a few weeks back.

dirtdog

mmm. not sure then sorry mate. I would have said track rods or loose fog lights because mine were banging and knocking,but seeing as the suspension feels loose..i'm not sure. Is it not affecting your cornering?

djinuk

Had new wish bones, drop links and track rod ends very recently. Ermm , the cornering dosent seem to diffrent , but ive not drove it very hard in a while..

sorry just realised i somehow posted this in bodywork forum :rolleyes:

eno

have you actually jacked the car up, or put it on ramps, and given everything a shake? Looks suspension tops? Could be tons of things. Investigate dude.

Sign in to follow this