• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jakob

Mi1.9 Vs. Mi2.0/s16 Heads

Jakob

What is the differents of the 1.9 (XU9J4) and 2.0 XU10J4 head?

Having a 2.0 XU10 block - how would the MI1.9 XU9J4 head bore fit on that?

B1ack_Mi16
What is the differents of the 1.9 (XU9J4) and 2.0 XU10J4 head?

Having a 2.0 XU10 block - how would the MI1.9 XU9J4 head bore fit on that?

Just fine, combustion chambers are the same between the 2.0 and 1.9 litre heads.

Only the 9 exhaust manfold studs on 1. 9 vs. 10 on the 2.0 is a big difference.

But locating dowels on inlet manifold are also in different position, but rather use a 1.9 mi16 inlet than the S16 one anyway.

Jakob
Just fine, combustion chambers are the same between the 2.0 and 1.9 litre heads.

Only the 9 exhaust manfold studs on 1. 9 vs. 10 on the 2.0 is a big difference.

But locating dowels on inlet manifold are also in different position, but rather use a 1.9 mi16 inlet than the S16 one anyway.

Ok, thanks (again) - so when maybe considering BV 36,5 inlet valves, their should be no difference in obsitcals/potential.

But, looking at valve flow clearance - I am wondering how the bore at the combustion chamber could be the same when you have different cyllinder diameters of 83mm and 86mm ?? - In either one of the cases there must be a mis-match with the cyllinder bore - or am I wrong?

IMG_0089.jpg

B1ack_Mi16
Ok, thanks (again) - so when maybe considering BV 36,5 inlet valves, their should be no difference in obsitcals/potential.

But, looking at valve flow clearance - I am wondering how the bore at the combustion chamber could be the same when you have different cyllinder diameters of 83mm and 86mm ?? - In either one of the cases there must be a mis-match with the cyllinder bore - or am I wrong?

IMG_0089.jpg

The mismath will only give more squish in the one with 86mm bore.

Not a problem.

Also another difference is the vacum pump on end of inlet cam on S16, and the camsensor.

Different termostathousing as well with oil return from the valum pump.

Jakob
The mismath will only give more squish in the one with 86mm bore.

Not a problem.

Also another difference is the vacum pump on end of inlet cam on S16, and the camsensor.

Different termostathousing as well with oil return from the valum pump.

Ok, what do you mean by vacum pump on inlet cam?? - ignition vacuum altinator or what am I missing?

welshpug

Vacuum pump for brake servo, only present in 306/ZX.

Edited by welshpug

Jakob
Vacuum pump for brake servo, only present in 306/ZX.

Ok, didnt know that any of the pugs had brake servo. Thanks.

Sign in to follow this