• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mat1227

Alloy Block Mi16 - Thermostat

mat1227

Afternoon - think I need to replace the thermostat on my Mi - having been given the wrong one in the past by pug dealers (Halfords; GSF don't list it), I wanted to make sure I have the right part number.

Does anyone have a note of the number of a replacement thermostat for an alloy block Mi please?

Much obliged :)

Mat

kyepan
Afternoon - think I need to replace the thermostat on my Mi - having been given the wrong one in the past by pug dealers (Halfords; GSF don't list it), I wanted to make sure I have the right part number.

Does anyone have a note of the number of a replacement thermostat for an alloy block Mi please?

Much obliged :)

Mat

i went for the 83 degree 205 one if that helps, the GM one worked better.

Miles

If your running the 205 cooling system then the 205 stat is fine, But if your running the 405 system then the 405 2 stage stat is needed, Not sure on part number thou

mrswampy

I run an 82 lucas item in mine

think its lucas, red box with blue and red bits

pp205

I got a 2 stage thermosat from GSF, it was only listed under the BX 16v and not the Mi, was about £9 if i recall, hope that helps!

mat1227

Thanks PP - how long ago was this and are you sure it's GSF? Just checked and they list everything but the BX 16v 'stat on their website? Nothing under 405 Mi.

Mat

Anthony

As it happens, I've got a proper OE two-stage thermostat on my desk, brand new in the Peugeot packaging!

I *think* that it's for a 405 Mi16 - part number is 1338 03 if anyone can look it up?

If it's what you're after, then let me know as I've no immediate use for it

mat1227

Anthony, providing it'll fit an alloy block Mi then that's just what I'm after :rolleyes: if anyone can kindly confirm that as the right part drop me a PM with what you're after for it and I'd be very glad to find a home for it <_<:blink:

Much obliged as ever

pp205

The GSF website is pretty poor (in my opinion) I had to pop down there to get it, but they don't keep them on the shelf - mine turned up the next day.

This was back in March when ordered mine and it was defo GSF as Euro Car Parts were no help nor was my local motor factor.

I have since swapped to the normal thermostat as I removed the rear metal pipe that goes over the head and welded up the pipe on the thermostat block on the side of the head and swapped the plastic pipe union on the block back to the 3 hole Gti one as opposed to the 4 hole Mi one.

To be honest the engine seems to run better as the 2 stage thermostat only seems to come in one temperature rating which I think is 88 or 89 degrees so I would have needed to change the fan switch as the one I had was 83 degrees, so the fan was always on high speed and the water wasn't cooling that well!

If you still need one or need a spare I think the one I took out which had only been in for about 800 miles is in the shed somewhere and I have no need for it now,

Cheers

Simon

mat1227
As it happens, I've got a proper OE two-stage thermostat on my desk, brand new in the Peugeot packaging!

I *think* that it's for a 405 Mi16 - part number is 1338 03 if anyone can look it up?

If it's what you're after, then let me know as I've no immediate use for it

Quick bump - is anyone able to do me a favour and confirm if part number 1338 03 would be the right thermostat for an alloy block Mi?

Thanks everyone for your help

Mat

welshpug

Part number 1338 03 is for an XU9J4 :lol: (309 or 405)

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this