• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sss_205GTI

Just Changed Top Mount Bearings

sss_205GTI

Am thinking/hoping its a siezed ARB link.

Atleast ive ruled out top mount bearings n rubbers...at my expense

Didnt think it would be this originally as the ARB links were changed last year in june, along with an osf arm and an osf driveshaft.

Im thinking its had a bad knock to the OSF (would explain the rusty wing among other things) and am hoping this isnt going to be one of those mystery knocks that you never find out wtf its coming from! :)

Anyone ever heard of/had arb links fail so soon and cause a knocking noise all of the time?!

Thanks Laura

jimistdt

Some droplinks fail straight away, others last ages. Can you remember if yours had the hexagonal (Allen Key) hole where the nut goes, apparantley these are the poor ones, the good ones have a round hole.

jackherer

I think you may have bought your top mounts from me...

Would you like me to take a look at it sometime? I'm not far from Ipswich.

sss_205GTI
I think you may have bought your top mounts from me...

Would you like me to take a look at it sometime? I'm not far from Ipswich.

Hey, yes i did buy them from you on ebay thanks :unsure: It would certainly help to have someone who knows about 205s and all their problems to have a look. The guys here at toyota can only guess so much.

One guys says theres no play in the link, so its not where the noise is coming from.

Another guy says theres no play becuase its seized and thats whats causing the knock :)

If your free one w.end, give us a shout & we can meet up & you can offer me your vauled opinion B)

p.s is there any other 205 owners around these parts that ever meet up or is everyone up north?!!

Cheers Laura

jackherer

I haven't lived round here for that long so I don't know anyone with 205s although I see loads of them driving about, mainly base models but quite a lot of GTIs too, far more than I see in other areas of the country. Also I sold a red 1.6 to someone in Ipswich a month or two ago, it had a new MOT so it should be out and about. I might post a thread sometime to see if anyone locally wants to go to a meet, I think we have a reasonable number of members in this area.

Send me a PM and I'll give you my mobile number, I'm in Capel St Mary so just down the road from Ipswich.

Baz

There's a fair few of us not far away! :rolleyes:

sss_205GTI

Had it ont he ramp again (with a more competant person) turns out its the drop link and also lower steering column uj seized. Dont know wether thats a common problem to go on those?!

jimistdt you mentioned the hexangonal n round ones -i got the round ones - so ill put this on me list of things to do.

sss_205GTI

OMFG :D wood you believe peugeot want £90 odd each for ARB links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSF want £21 odd (guessing thats what was replaced last year and has since failed!!)

Euro car parts £8.99 - now for that price, i dont care if it fails in 6months!! its probably made out of cardbourd but f*** it!

Rich_p
OMFG :D wood you believe peugeot want £90 odd each for ARB links!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSF want £21 odd (guessing thats what was replaced last year and has since failed!!)

Euro car parts £8.99 - now for that price, i dont care if it fails in 6months!! its probably made out of cardbourd but f*** it!

I got a new pair from ebay for about 15 quid in May, the car has done about 50 - 60 miles since and we found the boot on one is already split and the other is badly perished.

I'd expect more than that even with the low price - The seller has assured me he'll send a new set out luckily.

I think non Peugeot ones are a bit hit and miss but like you there's no chance I'm buying proper pug ones at that price!

Sign in to follow this