• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest leejd

Bendix Sliding Key

Guest leejd

hi

fitted some omp pads to my 205 rallye with bendix calipers today and have been struggling with the slidding key which keeps the pads in, hammerd it on after a struggle but u can move the ouside pad abit and it dont seem locked in fully u cant move the inside pad with the piston aginst it at all i tryed to prise the outside pad out with a screw driver but it wont come out just worrried it might come out whilst driving as theres movment there have i done something wrong or is this normal as it dont seem safe?

welshpug

did you use a new fitting kit or the old parts?

grandos

Did you clean all the cr*p of both the caliper and the key with a wire brush prior to fitting? and did you use lube?

(there always time for lube ;))

Guest leejd

the key was spotless i did copper grease everything it just seems like the key is only holding just over halfway guess i might have bent it when i was getting abit happy with the hammer ;) but looking at the caliper it ony seems to have a grove just over half way

grandos

Just checking before I give you the wrong information these are the same as the ones fitted to the GTI?

If so the key is not quite a perfect right angle and has different length legs coming from the angle if you see what I mean. It can therefore be fitted the wrong way round (done this myself) which if you kept on hammering would bend the key. ;)

Guest leejd

just been out to the car (its in a garage as its going to be a rally car) there is a slot so you can get the key started as i just hammerd down on the key ive bent it, put the key in from the other caliper and the pads stay firm just alittle bit of play from where the slot is which i guess is nomal as the key aint held there so my fault, hope my mistake may help someone else but dont think anyones as dull as me ;)

Sign in to follow this