• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pete1986

Heated Rear Screen

pete1986

Only the top element of the demister works on my 309. It wasnt working at all when i first bought the car but i checkedd the connectors, wiring and then foundd the relay was knackered. After replacing that, im left with the above problem. Its a pain in tthe arse now the cold mornings are here!

Do the elements run in a series? ie. if there was a break before the second element would none work below. If not, what else could i try to fix it?

Thanks for your help ;)

pete1986

Does no one have any input???

Im sure alot of 205/309s have this problem. For example, in my 205 only every other element works

nick9one1

If you can determine if any elements are broken you can buy a small glass vial of what looks like silver paint from hellfrauds to join them back up again. I used it once on my puma and it worked really well.

pete1986

Excellent, cheers Nick. I was hoping it would be a cheap and easy answer. Element are definately damaged on my 205 but havn't check them on the 309.

Edited by pete1986

Ricardo
Excellent, cheers Nick. I was hoping it would be a cheap and easy answer. Element are definately damaged on my 205 but havn't check them on the 309.

Yeah I got some for mine but it was the spde contact pad only just hangin on. It broke off when the tailgate was slammed so I got some adhesive from ebay (USA) now all elements work excellently! I also got some conductive paint from Halfrauds! just lightly wet n dry the element lines each side of the brake and clean with brake cleaner or isopropanol or better still surgical spirit! then paint a line across the gap(s)!

I used to work at a pcb manufacturer and we used to repair circuit boards like this!

Sign in to follow this