• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pee vee

Electric Window Help Strange One :s

pee vee

Hi all,

my passenger side window got stuck half way down the other night lol (will go down but not back up)

so i took it to bits, put the meter on the wires and there is a voltage there when you press the button

so i got another window motor..

put it all in today and its exactly the same. BUT

the two wires to the window motor

Press the window down button and the meter reads 12.40v

press the window up button and the meter reads -12.40v

So it IS getting voltage.. so i swapped the wires over on the motor, and the motor DOES work fine both ways. lol

Any ideas!?

its getting voltage, but still not working!! i am confused lol

Stu
Hi all,

my passenger side window got stuck half way down the other night lol (will go down but not back up)

so i took it to bits, put the meter on the wires and there is a voltage there when you press the button

so i got another window motor..

put it all in today and its exactly the same. BUT

the two wires to the window motor

Press the window down button and the meter reads 12.40v

press the window up button and the meter reads -12.40v

So it IS getting voltage.. so i swapped the wires over on the motor, and the motor DOES work fine both ways. lol

Any ideas!?

its getting voltage, but still not working!! i am confused lol

sounds like an earthing problem, where are you getting the earth from for the meter? id try running a seperate earth as a test, if it still doesnt work then theres a load rather than supply problem.

It could you be you've got two duff motors?

pee vee

erm, im literally putting the meter across the two plugs that go into the motor... I would of thought the door itself might earth the motor.

but it doesnt.

and no, both motors work fine!! if you reverse the wires to the motor, you can get the window to go back up again!

(but then it wont go down LOL)

GTI6BOY

change the window switch...job done

pee vee

but its working, as the voltage is getting to the motor... this is why im so confused!!!

2 pins on the plug.. push the switch one way meter show 12.40v

push the switch the other way and it show -12.40v

the correct voltages to put the window up and down... and the motors are fine. as i can make them work in both directions by reversing the wires going to the

motor..

Edited by pee vee

GTI6BOY

just swop the switch on the drivers side with the passenger side and see if it works then

Sign in to follow this