• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Tesstuff

Tripometer With A Mind Of Its Own

Tesstuff

Ok , when i purchased my car last year, the tripometer was stuck on 427.7 and the button that zero's the miles had no effect at all.So i put it on my list of 'Jobs To Do' and thought no more of it.

Then when i had my little 360 degree spin accident one of the 'side effects' of this was that the tripometer started moving!! Then for two days i could zero the miles with the button and it worked perfectly.But by the third day it had stopped again and pressing the button didnt zero it anymore.

So time passed and it was still stuck with the digits halfway between their correct positions but then the red part( the tenths of a mile) started moving, and although i couldnt see the other three digits properly, i could see it was actually working.

Still it wont zero when i press the button, but the red one does continue to move round and the digits of the other three move but its too hard to read them so i dont bother with it.

So can this be sorted easily? It seems to be half working.

The second 'side effect' of the accident was that the plastic cover to the inside of the A pillar came away and although i keep pressing it in it doesnt stay there, so how does that fix to the A pillar?

Any help is appreciated.

Ren

Not sure how to go about fixing the odometer but I have a spare set of clocks you can have off me if you want. As for the A pillar trim they are held on by 3 clips so you can either replace them or just glue it back in place.

Ren

SurGie

Best way to glue it is use flexible silicon, tape it on over night to dry then job done...

Sign in to follow this