• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Doof

Ring Gear To Diff Bolts Torque

Doof

Anyone know what torque should be applied when tightening up the ring gear bolts on BE3 gearboxes...my kaaz manual doesn't state anything for peugeots and the haynes manual doesn't say anything about them...

welshpug

guess you mean Crownwheel Bolts, says 65 Nm in haynes, Ring gear is part of the flywheel....

Doof

Hmm, it says ring gear in the Kaaz manual...i suppose it is a ring type gear.

65nm seems very low though, Honda cars are 101nm and Mitsubishi 132nm

I dont think i'd dare leave it as low as half that of a mitsubishi one....

welshpug

says 65Nm in the 309 manual too.

ask Miles :D

Edited by welshpug

Doof

Can i ask what page you found those on? i took and look i never saw anything about crownwheel bolts...not that im doubting you :D

Miles

I can say I have no idea, I just remember the setting on my tools, Do Zaaz supply new bolts?

I would also use some bearing fit to help stop the bugger's coming undone, One handy thing with the Tran X diff is they use Ford bolt's with the inbuilt locking teeth

pug_ham

It is listed in the Haynes for the 205, if you have the workshop repair manual its in section 6; transmission crownwheel securing bolts; 65nm 48lbft. (p119)

I've never replaced these bolts on my car & I must've swapped the crownwheel between over four or five times so far without problem & I think I've always used the same bolts. :D

I've got a handy piece of steel bar for holding the diff still while I torque them up. :(

I've always cleaned them & used fresh loctite.

Graham.

Henry 1.9GTi

wondered why I couldn't find it in my service and repair manual, just says gearboxs are not for the DIY mechanic and has no information for it...

65Nm it is! Thanks.

Henry.

Sign in to follow this