• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
205freak

Hub Diferences?

205freak

Hi could you please tell what´s the diferences between the 205 1.6-1.9 309 and the 306GTI hubs??? If you have pics would be nice!!!

Thansk

welshpug

Base model (i.e TU) 205's use the same offset as the 1.9 and 306 and 309 gti, BUT with a smaller diameter driveshaft spline.

1.6 uses the same small driveshaft spline as the TU models, but a larger offset hub.

1.9 uses the same offset as the TU base model, but a larger driveshaft spline, the same size as the 309 gti and XU engined 306's

that's my understanding of it!

bluespanner

306 hubs (any) are exactly the same as 1.9 hubs apart from they have less negative camber, so are not as good. Cheaper and more plentiful though.

205freak

Thank you for the information, so if using bigger brakes the best choice will be 1.9 hubs, the 205 1.9 one´s are they lighter than 306???

welshpug

no, they weigh about the same.

Batfink

dont the 306ones on their own give positive camber? I thought these are only good if you run 309 arms

Sign in to follow this