• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest hot hatch stu

Which Shocks And Springs?

Guest hot hatch stu

Hi, i want to buy new suspension for my car next week and would like some advice on what would be best. The car will only be used on the road and not track. Also what would be the best ride hight. I still have the 15" speedline aloys on the car and have toyo proxies on them.

Cheers

Henry Yorke

Eibach springs

Koni shocks, Bilstein or Gaz if you want more track spec

There is a lot of info on the historical topics on the options out there

allanallen

another vote for eibach springs but defo do a search as theres lots of info on here :lol:

jengis

Mine is just for road use. I run:

Bilstein B6 front dampers with standard springs

OE pug 306 GTi-6 rear dampers with standard rear beam

Toyo T1-R 195/50 R15

I think the B6 dampers are perfect for fast road driving, expensive but worth it IMO. I would have matched the rear with the same but I have a stash of rear dampers already. I have in the past wasted money on Bilstein Streetline for 306 rallye (awful, trully awful), and AVO GTZ adjustable things (I could not find a suitable setting, rebound too stiff and not enoungh bound for standard torsion bars). The OE 306 GTi-6 I find to be really good on the 205 - nice, consistently stiff bound resistance and well matched rebound. Good ride too! Overall a well matched set-up for my use of the car on northern back-roads.

I would like to try a small ride height drop of, say 15-20mm, without altering rates much. If anyone can recomend a suitable spring?

welshpug

you need to think hard about what the car is used for, if its purely road use, not fast road tuned lowered etc, I would actually go with Peugeot originals.

Guest hot hatch stu
you need to think hard about what the car is used for, if its purely road use, not fast road tuned lowered etc, I would actually go with Peugeot originals.

I want a fast road set up, i want it to be able to turn on a sixpence but am not sure how much of a drop i should have.

Its dropped 60 at the mo but am thinking i should maybe come up a bit.

Edited by hot hatch stu

j_turnell

Yeah will handle terrible with -60mm drop! Depends how far you want to go, you could fit the 309 front setup and rear axel which transforms the handling imo. As already mentioned the eibachs are the way forward when it comes to springs, matched with sprintlines ive found this a very good set up for the road. Also look into torsion and ARB's though as well, along with what rubber your using, there are various topics on the subject but often it comes down to personal preference.

DM88PUG

I would swear by the Gaz setup, brilliant track wise and mines lowerd on 7x17s so a little bit hard on the b roads but provided the arches have enough clearence twil be fine.Iv a arb and uprated torsion bar to so look into that to

Guest hot hatch stu
Yeah will handle terrible with -60mm drop! Depends how far you want to go, you could fit the 309 front setup and rear axel which transforms the handling imo. As already mentioned the eibachs are the way forward when it comes to springs, matched with sprintlines ive found this a very good set up for the road. Also look into torsion and ARB's though as well, along with what rubber your using, there are various topics on the subject but often it comes down to personal preference.

Who makes sprintlines? done a google search and could not find much.

Batfink
Who makes sprintlines? done a google search and could not find much.

Do a search on Bilstein b8 sprint dampers as the old 'sprintline' (damper and spring) kits are not made anymore

number2301

If the Sprintlines are similar to the Group Ns they're very hard for a purely road car, at least I think they are on mine with standard mounts and Eibach Pro springs.

Batfink

They are one and the same. I think they may be listed as a motorsport item which is separate from the road suspension list so why a lot of places may not sell them. Certainly I find it hard to get any information on the motorsport suspension list.

There are part numbers on this site if you do a search

Guest hot hatch stu
They are one and the same. I think they may be listed as a motorsport item which is separate from the road suspension list so why a lot of places may not sell them. Certainly I find it hard to get any information on the motorsport suspension list.

There are part numbers on this site if you do a search

Ok cool, cheers for the help

Sign in to follow this