• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mid-life crisis

205 "gentry" Driveshaft Question

mid-life crisis

Have very luckily got hold of a 205 Gentry model with low miles. It drives well and everything works as it should. On fast acceleration and round bends I can feel/hear a distinctive knocking which I believe to be the driveshaft. I have searched and it seems a little unclear exactly what driveshaft this particular model requires, a 1.9 one?, an automatic one?. Getting rather confused. I guess i could get my mechanic to take out the old one and check but I'd sooner order the part and have him fit it to save time.

Anyone have the definitive answer?

Tesstuff

You need the 1.6Gti driveshafts.

My mechanic firstly ordered the 1.9 items, they didnt fit.Then swapped them for the 1.6 ones and voila :)

With the Gentry, everything apart from the engine is 1.6 Gti spec.

And welcome to the Gentry Club :D With them being a rare car i might start a register and set up a site, i would be interested to see everyones cars tbh.

Kobayashi
i might start a register and set up a site, i would be interested to see everyones cars tbh.

i might be interested. always happy to show off my car and have a look at other ones B)

mid-life crisis
You need the 1.6Gti driveshafts.

My mechanic firstly ordered the 1.9 items, they didnt fit.Then swapped them for the 1.6 ones and voila :P

With the Gentry, everything apart from the engine is 1.6 Gti spec.

And welcome to the Gentry Club :) With them being a rare car i might start a register and set up a site, i would be interested to see everyones cars tbh.

1.6 ones worked a treat. Nice smooth running again.

Sign in to follow this