• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sideways danny

205 Gti 1.6 Ecu Pinout

sideways danny

Hi, I've had a good search about and anything that comes up in the search leads to old/dead links.

I really need a pinout for the standard ECU. I'm fitting an SMT6. Any help much appreciated :angry:

pug_ham

I've posted this before but I couldn't find it in a search for the topic by whom I thought I'd replied with them to.:ph34r:

Anyway, only one side of the ecu plug on the 1.6 or 1.9 Jetronic ecu plug is connected in the order below;

• Pin 1 = ignition coil.
  • Pin 2 = Throttle switch.
  • Pin 3 = Throttle switch.
  • Pin 4 = Ignition switch start signal.
  • Pin 5 = earth.
  • Pin 6 = not connected.
  • Pin 7 = Air Flow meter.
  • Pin 8 = Intake air temp sensor (in AFM).
  • Pin 9 = Relay module (tachymetric relay middle pin).
  • Pin 10 = Engine coolant temp sender (CTS).
  • Pin 11 = not connected.
  • Pin 12 = Injectors.
  • Pin 13 = Earth.
  • Pin 14 - 25 = not connected.

Graham.

• Like 1

sideways danny

Fantastic!!!! thanks for your help :)

sideways danny

right, had some fun with this yesterday. No SMT6 wiring diagrams available for the 205, but the nova GTE uses a very similar injection system so i did some backwards engineering and got it hooked up. Just had trouble with de-coding the firing pattern/rpm signal. Does anyone know any more about what the rpm output into the standard ECU is? the SMT is fully configurable but i can't fathom it

pug_ham

The standard Jetronic ecu doesn't have any rpm output afaik, it simply supplies fuelling.

All the sparking is controlled by the dizzy & the rev counter gets its signal from the coil.

Graham.

welshpug

wire 112J goes from the coil to Pin1 of the ECU, would that be the RPM signal you were after?

sideways danny
wire 112J goes from the coil to Pin1 of the ECU, would that be the RPM signal you were after?

yes that's the one. I need to know how the RPM signal is constructed though. There's a pulse there, I can see it on the graphical display in the piggyback software when I'm cranking the starter.

sideways danny
The standard Jetronic ecu doesn't have any rpm output afaik, it simply supplies fuelling.

All the sparking is controlled by the dizzy & the rev counter gets its signal from the coil.

Graham.

there has to be an RPM feedback from the engine to the ECU no matter how basic the system is, the injectors fire twice every cycle (in batch fire sequence), and the ecu fires them so it has to be decoding an rpm signal :lol:. I know the jetronic only controls fueling, but it still needs to know engine speed in some form.

welshpug

The signal is identical to the one the tacho gets, i.e a pulse of some sort on every spark.

Tom Fenton

What is this piggyback ECU supposed to do? I don't see how you will gain anything from fitting such a thing to a 205?

welshpug

from a google search for SMT6 it seems you would be able to use it as a 5th injector controler, or to replace the MAF sensor with a MAP.

price is around $500 US.

sideways danny

going to remap the fueling to match the work i've done to the engine (head porting, matched inlet manifold, exhaust and air filter. So far all the mods I've done have cost me £0 (including the SMT which is a second hand unit we had at work) this car's an exercise in major cheap-skate-ness, I'm saving the proper modifications for my 1.9 ;)

Sign in to follow this