• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Jay_bee

Red Dot Front Discs

Jay_bee

I've just ordered a set of Red Dot Racing XM 40 Groove discs (XM2023) and was wondering if anyone else on here is using or has used them and what your thoughts are?

Disc_RDR40G.jpg

The car is a track day car (but is driven to and from at the moment) so thought they may be worth a look!

Jeff

Batfink

what are you expecting to get out of them over say standard disks?

Jay_bee

Well, as they are going to get a good pasting everytime they're used, like next week at Donington, then over to the 'Ring etc I'd like to think they'll help reduce a bit of fade and glazing that comes from nailing the breaks for sustained periods of time. Also, if they're slotted my impression was that they dont hold the heat quite as much, so reduces the chances of warping etc So, ultimately, they'll last longer than standard discs.

I'd assume thats the same as most people who use slotted (and or drilled) discs (and uprated pads)?

Edited by Jay_bee

Jay_bee

In fact, I've just changed my order for the less 'savage' (on pads) XJ2023 discs:

Disc_RDR6G.jpg

:angry:

Sign in to follow this