• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
humanz

Do I Need To Swap The Fuel Filler Etc. Hoses.

humanz

I'm almost done reshelling my GTI into an XS. But now that most of the mechanical work is done, it has occured to me that the hoses associated with the fuel filler might be different. I know others have done this conversion before so I thought I'd ask on here. I've already swapped the fuel lines and fuel tank, but I'm wondering if I should swap over the hoses that are associated with the fuel filler.

Mad Professor

I take it you have also change the fuel tank over.

the xs is carb'ed so the fuel lines are not under pressure, where the gti's are pressued from the tank to the fuel rail at 3bar.

So I would advice swaping over the fuel lines running from the tank to the fuel rail, better safe then sorry.

humanz
I take it you have also change the fuel tank over.

the xs is carb'ed so the fuel lines are not under pressure, where the gti's are pressued from the tank to the fuel rail at 3bar.

So I would advice swaping over the fuel lines running from the tank to the fuel rail, better safe then sorry.

I've done that. Swapped over a tank plus the two fuel lines running to the filter and the fuel rail. But I'm asking if I should swap the lines that leave the fuel tank and travel up to near the fuel filler hose. They are breather hoses I believe, but I noticed that the GTI I had scrapped had like a valve attached at the end of one of the hoses, near to the rear bumper, whereas the XS doesn't seem to have a valve. At least, not in the same place.

humanz

Well, I've gotten quite a few reads, but only one reply. So I figure a picture can help here.

post-7319-1223816974_thumb.jpg

As I said before, I noticed that the GTI I had scrapped had like a valve attached at the end of one of the hoses (see item 2), near to the rear bumper, whereas the XS doesn't seem to have a valve. At least, not in the same place. Is this valve important enough to swap this hose? It would mean having to drop the fuel tank again, which really was a lot of bother.

Sign in to follow this