• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Richie-Van-GTi

1.8 Ecu To Run 2.0

Richie-Van-GTi

Got an issue, Ive built up a 2.0 8v to drop in my 405, 1.8 8v on the basis I hd an ecu to plug straight in that was unlocked etc.

Long story short the ecu wont fit as I have the bosch 3 row in the car and the 2.0 is marelli 2 row.

will the 1.8 ecu run the 2.0 OK? Or am I looking at splicing the plug in for the 2.0? Bit of an arse as I'll have to run one extra wire right through the loom for the idle control system :unsure:

PS if I'm running extra wires in I could quite easily run 2 extra's into existing loom and ecu plug and plug an xu10j4r in :blush: , probably quicker than swapping ecu plug. Just means getting an xu10j4r.......oh wait, I have one already restroked and cammed etc B)

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

pug_ham

Thats unlucky because the 405 1.8 had both types of management system fitted (MP5.1 & MM8P).

If you're lucky you can get an ecu from a 605 2.0 that had MP5.1 which should run your car straight away. ( I used 1996 as an example year & both the 405 1.8 & 605 2.0 had the MP5.1 ecu fitted that year.

Graham.

Richie-Van-GTi

Great reply Graham, I'll start hunting for a 605 mp5.1 ecu. I didnt think the 605 would of had bosch systems fitted as I always regarded it as an oldd hat vehicle B)

KRISKARRERA
Great reply Graham, I'll start hunting for a 605 mp5.1 ecu. I didnt think the 605 would of had bosch systems fitted as I always regarded it as an oldd hat vehicle :angry:
Tut!!! The 605 was even newer than the 405.

Richie-Van-GTi

true, but it just looked so much older ^_^ , problem solved anyway. Got a complete loom fop a 405 2.0 8v on marreli :lol:

Sign in to follow this