• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Pugwebgeek

Afm 8v Mi16 Interchangeable?

Pugwebgeek

Does anyone know if the AFMs for the 8v (Bosch part number 0 280 202 202) and the Mi16 one (0 280 202 602) are interchangeable?

Long story but I bought a brand spanking new AFM (£384 if you please) for my 1991 non Cat 8v 205 and it looks quite different.

The electrical connector is only 4 pin and there's no air bypass screw to adjust for the mixture control.

I take it that they have given me the wrong part or that this one for the Mi16 is a replacement for both the 8v and Mi16 one and is therefore interchangeable.

Any ideas guys before I go and take it back to my Peugeot garage and look like a tit?

Anthony

0280 202 202 is the part number for an 1.9 Mi16 AFM- I believe late 122hp 205 1.9 GTi CAT's were the same.

0280 202 602 looks like it's a 405/BX 1.9 8v Jetronic AFM judging from Google and won't be compatible with an Mi16.

Pugwebgeek

Hi Anthony.

I've got a standard 8v 1.9 with part number 0 280 202 109 (should have checked that before I started this :blush:

So then the next question is: will the new one I have ( 0 280 202 602) work on my 1.9 8v? :unsure:

Colin

taylorspug

If the connector has a different number of pins I highly doubt its going to work, also the lack of idle mixture adjustment isnt right. Sounds like you have been given the wrong part, launch it back at them!

Pugwebgeek

Yep, I am getting the distinct feeling that I have been given a duff one. The part box it came in has got Pug part number 1920 80 which according to this website below seems to be the right one for my 205 and should contain a 0 280 202 109 but has this rogue one which looks like it's for a 405 1.9 unless I am being a spazzer :unsure:

http://www.atpelectronics.co.uk/Catalogue/...eot.htm#Peugeot Air Flow Meter

jackherer

1920 80 looks correct according to service box. Looks like you got a discount too - £435.72 + vat £511.97 inc vat :unsure::blush:

Take it back, get your £384 back, then either get a decent second hand AFM or spend a bit more on an Emerald or similar. Anything else is economic madness.

welshpug

I got an exhange AFM from ATP as linked to, great service but it was £150.

in hindsight I would have saved the £150 and added a fair bit more towards a mappable system, but I needed the car mobile at the time.

pug_ham

I think the AFM has been reboxed incorrectly.

The Pug part number you mention 1920.80 matches up with an AFM part #0 280 202 109 Bosch LE Jetronic 205 GTi 1.9 litre (XU9JA) 86-89 1920 80 from the atpelectronic's link you posted above but the part # you have is listed a few lines below; 405GRi/GTXi/Mi16 1.9 litre 86-92 Bosch L3 Jetronic 0 280 202 602

Take it back & get them to either refund you for incorrectly supplied parts or get you the right one. I agree the refund is probably best idea though & get a refuurbished one with a 12 month warrenty instead or go for an after market ecu but then you have the extra set up & loom costs to add on top.

Graham.

Pugwebgeek

Thanks guys. I am taking it back as you suggest

Sign in to follow this