• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jeremy

10s Into 205

jeremy

Now my 205 gets used for two weeks every four years, well it has for the last four anyway LOL!!! This was mainly due to having two of them, now only got the one, hard times hey, plus a lardy Discovery for everyday use. Well I have loads of car audio just sitting in my wardrobe doing nothing, as well as my 205 having loads more in it too. As such I was wondering has anyone ever put four 10 inch subs in the boot. I know this sounds all very boy racery, however I could not care less, as although I like my music load I never do it in built up places and it would seem a shame to sell it for pennies, plus it would give me a little project to do over the winter. So any suggestions welcome as to layout etc welcome

jackherer

Put them in the discovery :D

large

It could be done but you won't get the best sound out of the subs. I remember a 205 back in the day with a 32" sub in the back you could get rid of the back seats.

jeremy

If I put them in the Discovery they would not last very long as it get used more as a van for carting crap and tools everywhere. Oh and several months later the chassis might become seperated from the body LOL!!!

I had not considered the issue of of free air space left in the boot due to the requirement of a larger speaker box. Perhaps I would be better off cutting my loses and getting two 12 inch dual voice coil with 4 ohms coils running each in parrallel thus both running as 2 ohms.

andykandy205

i once had 3 10inchs in the boot and that was quite tight but if u custom built a box for the boot im sure it would fit mind u every panel vibrates so sounds rubbish outside

Peetypug

i had 2 12 inch jl's in my boot.

It was great, but it rattled my rear screen out in the end :B)

jeremy
i had 2 12 inch jl's in my boot.

It was great, but it rattled my rear screen out in the end ::)

Hey now we're talking!!! B)^_^:lol:

Tell me more!

Seriously as impressive as that is I'm not so sure I want it to be that loud, but then.....

Peetypug

i'm ashamed to say i know nothing about stereo's

I bought the whole system off a mate for a grand fitted

It had 2 amps running the subs, another for the components, is it a graffic equalizer? One of those anyway, a power cap and a motorised pioneer 7 inch screen with seperate master control unit

Like i said its beyond me what it all did but it was fookin loud B)

SurGie
Now my 205 gets used for two weeks every four years, well it has for the last four anyway LOL!!! This was mainly due to having two of them, now only got the one, hard times hey, plus a lardy Discovery for everyday use. Well I have loads of car audio just sitting in my wardrobe doing nothing, as well as my 205 having loads more in it too. As such I was wondering has anyone ever put four 10 inch subs in the boot. I know this sounds all very boy racery, however I could not care less, as although I like my music load I never do it in built up places and it would seem a shame to sell it for pennies, plus it would give me a little project to do over the winter. So any suggestions welcome as to layout etc welcome

Hi iv got a ten inch sub in my 205 GT with a good amp, it all fits in well easy, i think halfords do a full wire

set up for it, you can get them all for around £20. Had one in for 5 years now and now i got a 12inch sub to fit in

it will be much nicer sound and that will fit right in as well. I use the boot catch for the negative wire for the

amp and run the wires under carpet then use a 30amp fuse for the live wire between the battery and amp.

It will take you within two hour to fit it all in, i used a peice of wood to cover the boot floor so when the box

is screwed on it, it will stay in well plus helps keep the bass in the car.

jeremy
Hi iv got a ten inch sub in my 205 GT with a good amp, it all fits in well easy, i think halfords do a full wire

set up for it, you can get them all for around £20. Had one in for 5 years now and now i got a 12inch sub to fit in

it will be much nicer sound and that will fit right in as well. I use the boot catch for the negative wire for the

amp and run the wires under carpet then use a 30amp fuse for the live wire between the battery and amp.

It will take you within two hour to fit it all in, i used a peice of wood to cover the boot floor so when the box

is screwed on it, it will stay in well plus helps keep the bass in the car.

Thanks for all the info, however installation is'nt an issue as the car is already kitted out, I just wanted to add more to it that was left over from my 1.6 GTI that I sold, as basically both cars had the same set up just different makes of speakers and head units. Other than that both install were identical.

large

What box you put your sub/s in makes a massive difference I think a band pass box is the best. Back in the day i was into my sounds and was running 4 MTX 12" subs, 6x9's and 6" component set up on the back shelf and 6.5" components in the front run off 3 amps and a cross over. I was running a sealed box as i like more of the dance music type stuff than the rice and pea crap. :angry: .

platty

Lmao.....bloody Bass junkie...

I never used to run 4 10" 2 ohm dual voice coil MMATS subs at 1 ohm stable in the back of a GTE 16v :D

I also made the mistake of mounting speakers in the parcel shelf with the subs in a custom enclosure in the boot. Extremely loud, but sounded crap as the

frequency response of the parcel shelf speakers where rubbish due to the subs altering the pressure levels in the boot :angry:

I think in a nice little 205, a 10" sub, and a set of good components upfront is the way to go, if your that way inclined.

Edited by platty

Peetypug

i'm putting my 2 12 inchers back in my boot, but i'm only gona use one amp to power them.

Then i'll put my components in the doors.

A 4 speaker setup is more than good enough for a 205

Just need a decent stereo now ::angry:

large

When i had my 306 i went to 3 12" subs a pair of 4.5" in the boot lid and 6.5 up front. the subs at the time were about £350 each and i had 1 amp per sub the amps were about £400 each . All that cash and it sounded not sh*t but not what you would have hoped :ph34r: . My point, more is not always best especially in a small car like a 205.

Sign in to follow this