• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DanteICE

205 Diesel With 1.9 Gti Suspension

DanteICE

Funny question for you all,

I have a 205 1.9 GTI, which I have acquired coilover suspension and adjustable rear dampers.

Therefore I will be left with nearly new original suspension, which my mate wants, who owns a 205 Diesel 1.8 (no turbo, if that matters?). Question is...will it fit?

Also on a side note, would the braking system be pretty much the same or better on the 1.9 GTI as opposed to the diesely weisely version?

Geoff

dirtdog

It will fit any 205. The 1.9 brakes will be better than the N/A diesel ones. Solid discs on the non turbo derv and then you get vented on the gti with better calipers too

Lan
It will fit any 205. The 1.9 brakes will be better than the N/A diesel ones. Solid discs on the non turbo derv and then you get vented on the gti with better calipers too

my turbo has solid discs on lol, i think only the final production years were when the dturbo had vented discs

dirtdog

What year is yours then? I see you've got a littlework list in your sig'. Maybe add some vented (1.9) discs to the list?

DanteICE

what about anything else? like rear beam, is it any better?

Will 205 GTI Wheels fit on a 205 N/A Diesel?

jimistdt
what about anything else? like rear beam, is it any better?

Will 205 GTI Wheels fit on a 205 N/A Diesel?

Hiya Dante,

The beam on your 1.9 will have thicker torsion bars on, and if you swap it with that you may need to keep the D-turbo mounting brackets that go through the boot, You may need to check on that. The 14" wheels will fit on ok, I'm not so sure about the 15" ones they may rub a bit on the arches.

Jimi

hexhamstu
Hiya Dante,

The beam on your 1.9 will have thicker torsion bars on, and if you swap it with that you may need to keep the D-turbo mounting brackets that go through the boot, You may need to check on that. The 14" wheels will fit on ok, I'm not so sure about the 15" ones they may rub a bit on the arches.

Jimi

my girlfriend had a trio diesel with 1.9 wheels on and they did rub if you bottomed the suspension out but where generally ok.

DanteICE

thanks alot guys you've been a great help

pug_ham

The beam will bolt straightly on, nothing needs changing & should be a marked improvement over the standard diesel beam imo.

Gaham.

dirtdog

I'm not sure about this but.. wouldn't a compensator need fitting also? I don't think the N/A diesel comes with one, but don't quote me on that! I know people do use the better brakes without any compensator/s but I suppose it's safer to throw it in? Just a thought

Sign in to follow this