• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Atari Boy

Sorry, Two Rear Beam Questions.

Atari Boy

Two questions, if I may.

1. Do I need to remove/loosen this bolt in the centre of the picture before reassembling the beam? They are stuck quite firm on both arms and I don’t want to knock them into next week if I don’t have to, equally, I would rather do it now if I have to and it makes life easier in the long run.

IMAGE_089.jpg

2. When talking about left and right torsion bars should I be looking at the beam from the rear of the car or the front. Daft question I know but I would rather be safe than sorry. Also am I right in thinking the yellow bands go trailing arm end?

Thanks

Jonny

welshpug

should be fine to leave the lower damper bolt in place, though it might make it easier to get the brake pipe brackets on if you do loosen them up.

as for the torsion bars it'll become quite obvious which way round they go, one end is smaller than the other and passes through the arm first before engaging in its splines ion the crossmember.

RIGHT bar has ONE coloured ring painted and the LEFT one has TWO rings painted on :)

Atari Boy

Great, thanks for the quick reply.

I am going to find my club hammer......

welshpug

wind a nut on first, they can be stubborn, bit of emery paper in the hole and the bolt and it should slide in, add a bit of anti seize :)

Sign in to follow this