• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DM88PUG

Engine Mount Trick

DM88PUG

Hello all

Was wondering my friend said that on his old gti he had he put washers inbetween the top mount and the rubbers to stop engine movment under heavy throttle.

Was wondering what are the benifits of this and does it actuly work or is he talking out of his rear end

Baz

No it's true... not much good if the lower mount's nackered anyway, & transfers more noise/vibration into the cabin. You could add a third buffer also.

try a search it's been covered many a time. :)

DM88PUG
No it's true... not much good if the lower mount's nackered anyway, & transfers more noise/vibration into the cabin. You could add a third buffer also.

try a search it's been covered many a time. :D

Cars just been mot,d so i presume the botom mounts fine...what are the benifits of doing this and what is this 3rd buffer you speak of lol

Baz

The Mot won't really check play in the lower engine mount to any great extent if at all.

The 3rd buffer is the same as the 2 that surround the metal top mount on the inner wing, but you can add a 3rd in the gap between them to even furth help reduce any movement.

DM88PUG

Checkd botom engine mount on lift at work 2day its sound

So what are the benifits of stiffining up the engine movment??

Jrod

Smoother gearchange was the main thing I noticed.

DM88PUG

Thanks Jrod

Sign in to follow this