• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
306-turbo-tom

605 Ecu And Loom, Wiring Problems

Rob Turbo
ITS NOT FAIR.... I WANT BOOST!

well done tho mate

I'll rub it in a bit more and tell you that I couldn't live without BOOST anymore either!! :lol:

Shame it's not as simple as a locked ecu in your case though.

306-turbo-tom

well i havent felt the boost yet but the sound off it is nice.

need a little help to do the speedo, and rev counter, and also the stop light on the dash.

1. for my speedo i have a 3pin bit on the gearbox where the wires plug into but theres no 3 pin plug on my loom, can i use the plug/wires from my old loom and connect them to the plug on the car?

2.dont have a clue about the rev counter as my car was oringialy a diesel, and it run off the crank sensor, how do i wire this in, would anyone know wot wires i need?

3.how do i wire the stop light in.

also another thing is the 3 pipes on the front throttel body, the 2small 1s and the big 1 in the middel, i know the 1 on the left goes to the oil filler, the big 1 in the middel goes onto that motor thing but the pipes coming out off that where does that go to. and the little 1 on the right where does that go.

Edited by 306-turbo-tom

306-turbo-tom

can anyone help me out,

is there anyway to check the lambda sensor out to see if its working right,

pug_ham

Doesn't your gearbox have the hole for the speedo cable like originally fitted? What gearbox are you using, the 605 one? If the engine, box & loom came from the same car you ought to have a plug for the VSS / speedo. IIRC it needs positive feed, earth & a wire runs to the ecu (pin 9) with an input signal or did the 605 have a digital / electronic speedo? Either that or get the bits to fit the original 205 gearbox instead & use the cable.

The rev counter signal comes from pin 43 on your ecu plug so you should have this wire somewhere on the loom from the 605 at the plug where it connected to the rest of the vehicle wiring, probably on the n/s inner wing somewhere originally but of course that will depend on how the loom has been hacked up to fit it into your 205. All you'll need to find is the original rev counter wire on your car & conncted it to the wire from the ecu but you might need to modify your rev counter to work with the signal, although its been claimed the diesel counter will work straight away I've never tried one on mine. This topic should help if you need to make any changes but the MP3.2 might work off the pin 1 method but it didn't work on my car with MP3.1.

The stop light should have a wire from your original loom even on the diesel that needs to connect to the stop light sender on the front of the engine near the alternator / oil filter.

To check the lambda sensor you need a multimeter to check voltage to on plug on the loom & resistance across another plug on the sensor. I mentioned a Lambda test method in Bud's GTi-6 MOT topic in the XU service & maintenence section a couple of weeks ago. AFAIK your's should be similar.

Graham.

craig f90

Hi tom, Glad it coming together for you.

For the Rev counter, spiky does a rev counter convertor. Its in the group buys in the forum. Obviously you need the turbo one I think they are £20. Ebay are about £50. Just a wire to the 306 rev counter feed and 2 to the ignition amp and 1 earth. Its much easier to use one of spikys than make one your self i recon. Trust me they work too.

Bugger!! do these work on a 306???

Your engine will have a sensor in the front of the block for oil pressure. Its 1 wire (pink on the 406) connect that to your 306s oil pressure light wire. The water temp is the blue sensor on the back of the head. 1 is for the gauge measure and the other is stop light (i think if you face your engine the left pin is light and the right feeds the gauge.)

I just used the cable method for the speedo using the 205 gearbox bits and cable are 306s cable or signal powered?.

The pipe for the ICV or the motor thingy :D Should go into the large/fat pipe on the throttle body, the one where 1 of the 4 boost pipes tee in. If your using a cossie I/C use the 19mm connection thats on the top.

The little pipe on the right goes into the ecu breater via a white return valve.

The one on the left goes into the shiny silver fuel thingy on the fuel rail.

Sign in to follow this