• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
306-turbo-tom

605 Ecu And Loom, Wiring Problems

306-turbo-tom

trying to wire my turbo engine into my 306, but can get it to spark or anythink

ive read through loads off post but still can get anything,

wot i want to know is do i need to do anything different on the wireing as my engine came from a automatic?

how do i unlock/open a 605 ecu, surely with the earlier engine/ecu u only need a live feed to pin 27?

ive got all 12v live feeds to the brown multirelay, but not getting anythink to the coil, injector or the fuel pump wire? weather the ingition is on or when im trying to start it?

wot are the 2 green relays for?

can anyone help?

i recon my ecu is locked thats why i aint getting no spark or anything, but i can hear it click when the ingition is turned,

anyone got a unlocked ecu for sale if mine is locked?

i had a box off bits which it came with a keypad, but no code. does this have to be wired in.(useless with out a code tough)

craig f90

On mine it still has the keypad alltough the code doesnt need to be entered at all. it wouldnt/wont start without it plugged in. mines a 406 '96'P. There is a post on here somewhere with the pads pin outs. type 'keypad' into the Search. Either that or Ebay have ECU unlockers retailing on there.

Green relays could be fans. Do they have Bitron written on them? no hang on, i never found out about the green ones, fans were black. i dont recall using any relay other than the multifuntion relay.

Autos are much the same bar the Huge!!! fly wheel.

Try searching through "inferno"s posts. Ive just remembered he had the same issues as you.

Edited by craig f90

welshpug

Green relays may be a/c associated, I just removed said random relay and wiring from an Mi16 loom one I figured out what it was :)

306-turbo-tom

i know the starter motor wire goes to the gree relay, but why? ive just got my old loom to the starter atm

306-turbo-tom

just read somewhere that i need a earth on pin 7 and 10 at the coilpack so i put a earth on them wires and im getting a constand 12 volts on the fuel pump wire, and a constand 12 volts on the wires that goes to each injector and also on the plug that goes to the coilpack, im getting 12volts on pin 3 but isnt it ment to be pin 4 that should have a constant 12volts? but it still wont spark when i turn it over? would i still get all these 12 volts if my ecu is locked?

306-turbo-tom

need to know weather its my ecu blocked or wiring, altough i have pin 27 wired up 2 a switched live, would my ecu still be locked. need to know as if it is im ganna send it off in the morning to be unlocked.( i did a serch and my ecu came from a 605 93+)

306-turbo-tom

can anyone help, do u think its locked or not?

306-turbo-tom

can someone help me please before i send my ecu away to be unlocked, just dont want ta waste money.

wot i want to know is if the ecu is locked will i still get a constant 12 volts to the coilpack on pin 3 and also to the injectors, does the fuel pump have to be wired in to get a spark?

also wot does the immoblizer stop from working, im guessing it the spark?

welshpug

until you get the wiring completed you wont be able to tell if its locked or not, unless you find the right pin on the ecu for the live (switched) and the right pin for the relay trigger and see if you get a signal.

craig f90
can someone help me please before i send my ecu away to be unlocked, just dont want ta waste money.

wot i want to know is if the ecu is locked will i still get a constant 12 volts to the coilpack on pin 3 and also to the injectors, does the fuel pump have to be wired in to get a spark?

Im really stumped on this 1 matey. i am certain you'd get spark if the fuel pump wasn't wired as its a different curcit?.

If you were given a keypad i can only assume your ECU is locked. I had one on the 406 as i said, i had to fit that in to get mine to run. Id imagine that it stops the spark as 106s will tun over but wont fire. Im giving NO guarantee with that. your better off talking to an ECU guru.

306-turbo-tom

well i have wired it up too how every says to on here, got all the lives to the brown multirelay, pin 27 from the ecu to a switch live and pin 3 from the multirelay, all the earths are connected, and crank sensor so in theroy it should start, (well this is wot everyone says to do to get it to fire up) other than this the only other things to wire up are the gauges and the lamba sensor. you can hear the relay click when the key is turned, any ideas on wot is wrong,

is it the ecu that sends the signal to the coilpack to make it spark? is that wot the immoblizer stops?

craig f90
well i have wired it up too how every says to on here, got all the lives to the brown multirelay, pin 27 from the ecu to a switch live and pin 3 from the multirelay, all the earths are connected, and crank sensor so in theroy it should start, (well this is wot everyone says to do to get it to fire up) other than this the only other things to wire up are the gauges and the lamba sensor. you can hear the relay click when the key is turned, any ideas on wot is wrong,

is it the ecu that sends the signal to the coilpack to make it spark? is that wot the immoblizer stops?

I think pin 3 from the coil is earth.

306-turbo-tom

pin 4 is earth, pin 3 should be live. well i just read inferno post as he seemed to have the same problem as me and he basically had to unlock his ecu by putting it on his mates car and the dissconecting the keypad, then when he connected it to his car it fired up, so it seems like my ecu is locked, but i will have to send it away to get unlocked as i dont have the code to do this, just hope it works when i get it back.

craig f90
pin 4 is earth, pin 3 should be live. well i just read inferno post as he seemed to have the same problem as me and he basically had to unlock his ecu by putting it on his mates car and the dissconecting the keypad, then when he connected it to his car it fired up, so it seems like my ecu is locked, but i will have to send it away to get unlocked as i dont have the code to do this, just hope it works when i get it back.

Try this in search fella.

unlock ecu.

No capitals. All praise the gti has keypad issues on a 406. theres some great info. let me know how you get on, as im stressed to chuff!!! for you.

306-turbo-tom

ive read these already, i think the easyest way will just be to send it off and get it unlocked, then hopefull there will be no more strees,

i fully appreiate your help and will let you know how it goes.

i would try putting the ecu on another car but dont know anyone with a 605 turbo, so cant try that anyway, i know someone with a 406 but it dont have a keypad it done by a chip in the key,

anyway i spoke to the guy who will unlock my ecu for £65 and he said if i send it out to him in the morning i would get it back by thursday :)

pug_ham
i know the starter motor wire goes to the gree relay, but why? ive just got my old loom to the starter atm

The wire for the starter that went to the green relay would have been part of the auto inhibit switch due to the car your loom came from. (an automatic)

I'm not sure if this supplies power holding the relay open so it can't start without the gear lever in park so you might need to work out how to fool this relay to open or just remove it completely & wire the starter solenoid directly or use the original wire.

Ignition coil gets a signal from the ecu & brown relay so locked ecu probably would stop it from firing.

Graham.

craig f90
ive read these already, i think the easyest way will just be to send it off and get it unlocked, then hopefull there will be no more strees,

i fully appreiate your help and will let you know how it goes.

i would try putting the ecu on another car but dont know anyone with a 605 turbo, so cant try that anyway, i know someone with a 406 but it dont have a keypad it done by a chip in the key,

anyway i spoke to the guy who will unlock my ecu for £65 and he said if i send it out to him in the morning i would get it back by thursday B)

Damn!!! i thought that may help. Your a proper searhcer too, then. :unsure:

Typical isnt it, i think mine Was the only 406 sri around here. Sods law the one you know of is a transponder immobilised ECU.

If im honest getting mine to work was more luck than judgement. Thanks to the flamin keypad the engine wouldnt turn off!!!

I got it right in the end. Somehow??? The plan was to bin it, but it still sits there with its little green light shining away.

To me £65 sounds a bargain. I think i was quoted double that price, otherwise i'd have done that rather than waste a sunday.

Anyway hope to hear from you thursday evening. :blush:

306-turbo-tom

well got my ecu back and guess wot

i have a spark B) didnt start it as i need to drop the tank down as i trapped the fuel pump plug/wire when i put the new tank in. plus i need some fuel

All Praise The GTI

cool let us know how you get on with it. mine stil wont work :D theres no spark or fuel squirtin. sent ecu off and even with a mates discount to be checked and unlocked was over 100 plus vat, stil didnt start when it came back! :D

engine came out an auto xm with keypad. ran before was removed and loom was done by a forum member who i trust did a good job ive spent hundreds on new parts and having the car checked stil no joy B)

craig f90

Absolutley fantastic news -tom!!! wont be long now till shes out and about then? Well worth the £65. I bet your an happy bunny.

:DB)

306-turbo-tom

just been out and put some fuel in, connected the fuel pump, turned the key, and she fired up straight away :dance:

only had it started for a few seconds, but at least i know it starts,

just need to to finish the rest off now. but it wont be long, i hope

306-turbo-tom

thanks for all the help everyone :)

All Praise The GTI

ITS NOT FAIR.... I WANT BOOST!

well done tho mate

sonofsam

Nice one mate, thats great news. Whats left the on the to do list?

I couldnt live without Boost now :lol:B)

Sign in to follow this