• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jimmer

250 Bhp Gti6 Head

jimmer

What is needed to be done to the gti6 head to achieve this figure? I've been quoted Between £1500-£2000 for work to the head. i.e. bigger valves, port re-shapping, solid lifters, custom made cam profiles. My engine has custom made forged pistons running close to 12:1 compression, steel rods and running on 45mm jenvey throttle bodies and management. the engine is for a lightweight tarmac rallycar in a 205. Is this budget and spec realistic bearing in mind it is a competition only car?

Any help much appreciated

welshpug

sod all if you bolt on a low boost supercharger :lol:

you're probably not far off already dependent on your cam choice, these heads are very good as standard, somewhat too good.

I've seen over 210 bhp on a standard 1.9 Mi head with the right cams and pistons.

I'd speak to sandy considering your location.

Sandy

You can comfortably reach that figure with the right headwork and cam choice on standard valve sizes. But it's essential that the right overall specification is used.

Sign in to follow this