• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Hardgraf

205 S16 Downpipe Issues

Hardgraf

Hello

Finishing up my 205 S16 conversion using the S16 exhaust manifold. Planned to use standard 205 downpipe but (I know the downpipe's knackered!)....

post-12030-1222359748_thumb.jpg

The downpipe flange is way too small for the S16 manifold. Is there any solution to this besides welding a 306/405 flange to a new 205 downpipe?

Thanks

Tom

Miles

Some fit other's don;t on the 205 Downpipe's, It might be down to who they are made by, But also I think there might be 2 different S16 manifold's as I;ve always been asked the year due to 2 different fitting kit's available.

I keep the Downpipe's now off any engine transplant's just for this reason, I don;t have any spare at the moment thou

welshpug

can only find one fitting kit for the RFY engine!

here's a picture of an S16 downpipe (one of my own spares) which shows how much bigger the flange is

PICT0077.jpg

5mm odd,. enough!

also, the spacing of the bolt holes is different

original Phase 1 downpipe -

PICT0084.jpg

S16 Downpipe

PICT0075.jpg

again, 5mm in it, the flange is also 5mm deeper.

the pipe that fit in the end , i.e the downpipe itself, is the same size, 65mm O.D.

monty69

i had this problem for ages, i think i tryed pattern s16 cat but this also had too small a flange. I couldnt find a gen used cat anywhere so i made do with a cat from a xsi 16v xu10j4r, this was smaller but doesnt leak at all with new gen s16 sealing ring. I used the entire xsi downpipe(cut and welded to alter angles) and cut off the cat, joined my powerflow to this with some gert arvin pipe.

Alastairh
Some fit other's don;t on the 205 Downpipe's, It might be down to who they are made by,

This is the same conclusion i came to with the 3 S16 conversions i've had dealings with.

My borthers went fine together. But the others needed a different downpipe.

Al

welshpug

we might have found someone to make a new flange to the exact dimensions required, saves trying to find a downpipe to fit we can just weld the new piece to a suitable downpipe :)

Sign in to follow this