• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
BackStreetRacecars

Cheap Widetrack Alternative For 1.6 Beams?

BackStreetRacecars

Just fitted a beam to my daily driver.... well dailyish driver....and I had a set of new base model 309 drums...... I fitted them and noticed the wheels sticking out a bit further than normal..... removed them and compared them to the old one.... the drum sits maybe 10-15 wider than the 205 one.... has anyone noticed this before?? I have a 309 beam on my other 205 and I enjoy the extra stability thought i should say something about this!!

Anthony

You sure you don't have base model drums on your 205 for whatever reason?

There's two widths of drums available on 205's and 309's - 1.6 GTi's should have the wider of the two, as have some 309's :lol:

BackStreetRacecars

well it is possible as the previous owner had the (unserviceable) beam fitted by a certain scottish peugeot tuning firm.... very possible.... i always wondered why it handle like s*ite!!!

28CRAIG

I have 306 td rear drums but there are diffrent types again mine are about 5mm wider and bigger dia than 1.6 drums.

Sign in to follow this