• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sss_205GTI

Replacing Top Mount Bearings + Rubbers

Baz
No GSF Mate

Josh

Cheers buddy! :)

O/T: Where were you monday evening btw!! ;)

Chris_Mi
Number 2 on the left, 5031 25 £49.93 inc vat each side

205strutarrangement.jpg

Sorry for my ignorance, can anyone point out what exactly is the 'bearing' (ie. if I ordered one from a SKF dealer - as Cybernk says), and what exactly is the rubber donut in the above diagram? I presume the donut is the bottom leg of '4' and the bearing is the rest of '2' (excluding nuts), but I am slightly confused :)

If I buy the bearing from GSF and the rubber donut from BBM, do I need to buy any extras from Pug (ie the little nuts and any other pieces in the pictures) or would the bearing and donut cover everything I need.

Hope this makes sense

Regards

Chris

Edited by Chris_Mi

cybernck

yeah the rubber is what you said but the bearing is the second from the bottom of "2",

below the "flying sauser" bit :). just compare it with my pic, with the same layout:

205Mi32_Ph1_134.thumb.jpg

you won't need any other bits providing you have complete top mounts already?

hope this helps.

MrG
Cheers buddy! :)

O/T: Where were you monday evening btw!! :lol:

sorry Baz, I did send a pm the other day, got caught up at Heathrow! I'll resend it.

Baz
sorry Baz, I did send a pm the other day, got caught up at Heathrow! I'll resend it.

Errm, i meant Josh!! :)

Sign in to follow this