• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jord294

Gaz Coilovers On 309 Gti

jord294

hi

i'm seriously considering buying a gaz gha coilovers and rear dampers kit for my 309 gti.

the car itself, currently has spax rsx coilovers on it, but because the 309 gti is a resto project, i want more or less everything brand new, and i can use the current coilovers on my 205 gti :rolleyes:

so my question for 309 gti owners (or 205 gti), what size spring should i go for, if i i want the car to stay as planted as it is now on spax

the car has a skip brown 'roadspeed' engine, and will only be used for fast road, and maybe a track day

please advise asap, as i'd like to make the order asap

thanks guys

welshpug

seeing as its still ally 8valve and predominantly used on the road I'd imagine either tarmac spec @ 225lb or gravel @180 Lb would be pretty good, not sure what lengths were used though.

jord294

so maybe go with a happy medium of 9" 200lb spring?

Miles

I never can remember which Gaz is which!! But if they are the rebound only type then I would personally stick to the Spax, Having driving both the spax is better than the rebound only Gaz's at least on the bumpy pot holed roads around here

cybernck

it doesn't matter which type are they (GAZ), they all work both on bump and rebound stroke,

therefore "rebound only" is not entirely true - that would be "rebound adjustable only" for GHA

(if you don't count in the height adjustability of the coilovers) while GGA (aka Gold) are both

rebound and bump adjustable :P.

i hope this has cleared it up.

Rippthrough
I never can remember which Gaz is which!! But if they are the rebound only type then I would personally stick to the Spax, Having driving both the spax is better than the rebound only Gaz's at least on the bumpy pot holed roads around here

They're not rebound only, they haven't made rebound only dampers since a few prototypes years and years back, which certainly weren't available for road use!

Edited by Rippthrough

jord294

i've just found that the current spax rsx coilovers on my car, have 8" springs with a 225lb load

so i may possibly go for the same in the gaz gha kit

just to clear up. what is the best way to adjust the setting then on the gaz gha kit?

thanks

Miles

I stand corrected, But I will still say the Spax are better than the entry level Gaz's, The higher end ones are OK thou

Sign in to follow this