• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

allanallen

[engine_work] Mi45 - M45 S/C on an Mi16 engine

Duroc
Mine came from a friend of a friend who was selling them on ebay.... Not sure he's selling them any more....

Mad

This guy i think: cr500dom

Doesn't seem to be selling inlet/outlet flanges for a couple of years. I did message him back then, but got no reply.

asdf205

Looks like a great project

allanallen
Thats interesting, as I've toyed with the similar idea for the same reasons, well idle and town driving! I've found using 2 bosch re-circ valves to dump the unwanted boost made things much better, but there is still room for improvement.

Mad.

I did wonder about another re-circ valve aswell, hopefully adding another throttle will mean it 'may' not even need a re-circ valve though..... perhaps. I spotted a high flow 50mm re-circ valve on the net recently which would be nice to try but it was a lot of money.

Ron, you could certainly mount the alternator on the sump, unfortunatly my charger outlet wouldn't allow me to do this though. I'm currently fitting a mini M45 charger onto the sump of a 2.0 mi16 and leaving the alternator and PAS pump in the standard position. This is fitted in a 405 though so there is a bit more room to play with although if your prepared to modify the crossmember it may fit into a 205.

allan

Spiky

loving this

have you got any pictures of the outlet of the S/C, and what you did to get a pipe on

what ECU are you running?

you running the standard pully?

allanallen

So it’s nearly 8 years since I last updated this! 

I’m just starting to do a bit of work on it again so thought I’d bring my thread briefly up to speed for anyone interested. 

Engine wise it’s been perfectly reliable but I have done a few jobs over the years.

sorted out the alternator pulley situation so it charged properly was the first job

0122D3AE-C8FF-43C4-9B6A-D9975D420830.png

allanallen

Then I made up a catch tank that fitted on the jack mount and tidied up the breather set up. 

In a bid to quieten it down and aid off throttle driving I also fitted a second throttle body on the inlet of the charger. This made a huge difference to driveability, massive improvement in all driving situations, no need for a huge blow off valve and it quietened it down (a bit)

CC71D24C-F21D-4A9D-B0DD-EF905967403D.png

allanallen

Elsewhere it’s been fitted with koni adjustable dampers and raised up a little, Compomotive’s are gone in favour of its corrrect 14” gti wheels and nankang NSRs. 

Interiors also been stripped of its half leathers and again replaced with standard 1600 cloth seats. 

Its been to pugfest several times over the years 

73FB68A3-1F41-496B-9088-D50CA4536B13.png

allanallen

It’s done a bit of ‘off-roading’ :P

1F9DA170-374B-4651-A533-CAF2B4805F75.png

allanallen

Taken the dogs for a walk/drive 

5ACAEC2E-9196-4F7D-B48C-9A8668332406.png

allanallen

Blasted through the Elan valley

6794F7B6-5E8E-4C5F-82BB-9D37E2C1A7FB.png

allanallen

And I’ve now run out of picture posting allowance so no more pics..... 

last year the belt was cut and it was used as my brothers wedding car, I’d show you a picture but I can’t.

Much to Fenton’s amazement I even polished it, It looked very respectable even parked next to his laser show pony.

driving it around un-supercharged in relative silence brought me to the conclusion that I was sick to death of its constant whining! The power is fantastic, completely effortless delivery and very tractable, the attention it brings however is is very undesirable! The noise is tiresome and I strongly dislike being stared/shouted at wherever I go, I now barely use the car for this very reason. 

Ive begun to collect parts for an s16 turbo to replace it however with the road rallying sucking up all of my spare pennies and a baby due next month I’ve had to shelve that. 

Some time ago I bought a set of Nissan skyline throttle bodies so they’ve had the dust blown off them. I’ve made up the mounting flanges, sorted the linkages, air horns, filter etc and I’m now at the point of removing the supercharger so I can mount up a cut down 6 manifold and fab the flange on. 

Ill miss the power but at least I’ll have a car I want to use.

ill upload some pictures as soon as I can suss out an easy way of doing it. 

Al

• Like 1

Tom Fenton

Use Flickr mate. Install the appppp on thy eye phone and then its dead easy to upload the photos, however you seem to need a computer to put the links in which is a bit annoying.

35588286424_a5e821c261_z.jpgUntitled by Tom Fenton, on Flickr

1 hour ago, allanallen said:

It looked very respectable even parked next to his laser show pony

I'll be the judge of that

• Like 1

Duroc

Hi Allan. Can I still have those pulleys? I'm still coping with the noise of mine, but I am the ripe old age of 48, so maybe hearing loss is helping:lol:. Let me know what you want for them, if they're for sale. And the alternator bracket would be handy. Thanks, Mike

allanallen
4 minutes ago, Duroc said:

Hi Allan. Can I still have those pulleys? I'm still coping with the noise of mine, but I am the ripe old age of 48, so maybe hearing loss is helping:lol:. Let me know what you want for them, if they're for sale. And the alternator bracket would be handy. Thanks, Mike

Hi mike! all yours mate although I was gonna keep the alternator, is yours the same? 

Duroc

I think so. It's a 106 one, where the mounts are in the style of the one you originally used. Single long central one for the main bolt at the back, rather than the usual 205 gti style of a open mount to slide onto the bolt one end, and a threaded mount the other end. PM me what you want for them, and we'll go from there. Cheers

allanallen
50 minutes ago, Duroc said:

I think so. It's a 106 one, where the mounts are in the style of the one you originally used. Single long central one for the main bolt at the back, rather than the usual 205 gti style of a open mount to slide onto the bolt one end, and a threaded mount the other end. PM me what you want for them, and we'll go from there. Cheers

No it’s a really small 50amp Daihatsu charade alternator on mine so you’d need it all. 

Will price up a replacement alternator tomorrow and drop you a pm mate

allanallen

So the charger has gone, sold in fact so there’s no going back now! 

And heres the (just about) finished bodies, far more work than I anticipated but I’m pretty happy with how theyve turned out. 

41030601255_b07ee11ccb_b.jpg 41930115441_379861bbd0_b.jpg

• Like 2

welshpug

very tidy!

• Like 1

petert

Very nice. I also have a pair of those that need completing. I like what you did with the throttle cable mount.

• Like 1

allanallen

Cheers chaps. 

Ive tried to keep the cable set up and linkages as simple as possible, the skyline one is well over complicated and bulky,

nice little bodies though.

just waiting for gaskets now.....

calvinhorse

Gaskets are in the brew room :)

• Like 1

allanallen
2 hours ago, calvinhorse said:

Gaskets are in the brew room :)

Lol, found em