• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob Turbo

Shielded Cable

Rob Turbo

I've just bought myself a megasquirt kit, should be here in the next couple of days, and I'm on sorting everything I need for the wiring, most of the stuff I can get from VWP but they don't seem to sell shielded cable to use for the CAS, any ideas where I can get some?

And, do I need it for the knock sensor as well or is that just regular wire?

Thanks,

Rob

pug_ham

pm sent, I can occasinally get two core sheilded cable from work. :)

Graham.

Tom Fenton

I managed to get a length from work too, but otherwise somewhere like Maplin will sell you the stuff you need by the metre.

Richie-Van-GTi

Yup, I bought mine from maplins, shielded speaker wire, done the job just fine :rolleyes:

boldy205

Yup, twin core shielded speaker cable for me too!

RossD

Or, if you want it really cheap, go to the scrappies and get one! I got one from the CAS of a 306, the shielded wire goes all the way back to the ECU and is about 1.5m long. Was fine for me! Took all of 5 mins to strip it out of the loom.

Rob Turbo
Or, if you want it really cheap, go to the scrappies and get one! I got one from the CAS of a 306, the shielded wire goes all the way back to the ECU and is about 1.5m long. Was fine for me! Took all of 5 mins to strip it out of the loom.

What a good idea!

I had a loom from a vauxhall 2.0 8v in the shed, I've just been down and pulled a cable out of that that's got a 3 pin plug on the end that will fit the CAS and is plenty long enough, and I don't think I can use the pug knock sensor with megasquirt anyway, it only has 1 pin for knock input, whereas the pug uses 2 pins, bugger!!

RossD

Sorted! B)

pug_ham

I managed to get some from work so no need to go scrapyard hunting for a suitable piece of loom.

Also I have used the scrap car loom methiod before & the wire colours for the CAS (green & red) were crossed over so when I joined them up to the same colour the pin out was wrong so I had to do them again. Fresh cable is a better way if you can get some.

Graham.

Sign in to follow this