• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NOsMAN

Throttle Bodies

NOsMAN

Just wondering if they will improve the performance quite a bit on the 205 Turbo Technics ? or Is it better the fit larger intercooler and hybrid turbo and crank up the boost?

Need to know fairly quickly cos i've been offered some Throttle bodies and programmable ECU (all brand new ) at a ridiculously low price ....

jackherer

Nissan fitted throttle bodies with turbos to both the Skyline GTR and Pulsar/Sunny GTIR for a reason... Realistically the IC and hybrid turbo will make far more difference though.

If the price is low enough you may as well go for it, the programmable management alone is worth having so you can map it to take full advantage of the IC and new turbo.

NOsMAN

Thanks for the advise.. :blush:

Rejected them cos I've been informed the brand isn't very good (weber alpha system and throtlle bodies )

Powers

"weber alpha system and throtlle bodies" Seem to be doing the rounds!

returnofjim

i think the problem with the weber alpha is the ecu as you need a weber dealer to map it and there usually very pricey, the bodies themselves are very good and would work with a different aftermarket ecu.

TEKNOPUG

They'll be of benefit for sure but certainly very expensive £ per BHP compared with increasing boost and/or remap.

saveloy

TBs on a TT won't be any good. They will split the air flow and increase air intake volume, but they will also slow the incoming air.

So the result will be a slower intake charge at low revs and an increase only at the upper end of the rev range.

Not something that makes a turbo car very much fun to drive.

Sam

They will increase throttle response if the intake is designed properly. Why do you think the big power cosworths go individual. To keep a bit of response!

Batfink

It has the potential to help part throttle though I doubt you will see any gain on full throttle when compared to a large single throttlebody. You can still go too big though so dont oversize the tb's because you have a turbo.

Henry Yorke

Paul Higgs had this lot on his Turbo technics for a while. Looked more hassle than it was worth really as you have to make a strong inlet to cope with boost and no leaks etc.

Sign in to follow this