• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Quick Question - What Size Cone Filter (inlet Size)?

GLPoomobile

Sorry, I know it's been covered and I should search, but I'm in a real rush!

I need a cone filter for my MI. Plan was to order a new top hat and filter from Green, but the correct top hat is discontinued and the filter I asked for is out of stock. I need a filter before the weekend! They offered an alternative top hat with a bigger inlet size but apparently will still fit the AFM, but I'm not willing to take a gamble on it!

New plan is to retain the original 8v AFM to hose adaptor and buy any universal cone that I can get quickly, of a suitable size.

So getting to the point (finally!), what's the diameter of the hose connection on the 8v AFM to hose adaptor? Or put another way, if you were running a standard 8v and wanted to stick a universal cone on the end instead of a packaged kit, what inlet size would you use?

GLPoomobile
http://www.205gtidrivers.com/articles.php?data=e2-induct1

would have been faster than typing all that in :);).

Thanks. Took me about a minute to type my speil. Much quicker than trying to think of suitable search criteria, implement the search, and then trawl through the results ;)

I've noticed you often post links to things that have been covered on the main website. Thing is (speaking personally, dunno about anyone else), I don't tend to visit the main site anymore as it does not get updated, so I usually forget that there are some useful things such as the above, which are covered in the articles :blush:

welshpug

its 67mm, as opposed to the green's 70mm adapter.

cybernck

in addition to that, i also measured the one i have here with me and it varied

from 67-70mm, but then again it's an old battered filter. as it's only rubber,

i'm sure it can be squeezed down or stretched by 3mm :).

GLPoomobile

I was gong to say the same. I've measured mine (didn't get around to ordering one today as could not find any good suppliers with suitable sized universal filters :blush: ) and it is 67mm across in one direction and 70 in t'other.

stuart

The adaptor that Green sell that fits the 8v AFM has a 70mm inlet, bought one a month or so ago. The standard one is a bit smaller so probably about 67mm as others suggest.

Sign in to follow this