• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
gtiles85

Another Gti6 Gearbox/clutch Question

gtiles85

Getting ready to put the box on the engine but i'm now stuck, im a little bit confused about the release bearing, from what it looks like on mine its constantly pushing on the clutch and when you put the clutch pedal down it takes off the pressure.

This is what it looks like before you put the clutch in

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j216/st2.../DSCI0006-9.jpg

And this is what it looks like when the clutch is pressed in

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j216/st2.../DSCI0010-4.jpg

But when you release the clutch the bearing doesn't seem to return, im thinking that i am missing something like a spring.

I'm wondering if anyone has got any ideas or has an exploded diagram of the clutch unit ?

Thanks in advance, Les. :)

jackherer

I swapped the entire mechanism off a 205 BE3 gearbox.

gtiles85
I swapped the entire mechanism off a 205 BE3 gearbox.

So you still have the 6speed box then ?

I'm confused because i have never seen a clutch like this, and it may be correct but i dont want to have to put it all in and find out that it doesn't work .

jonnie205

that bearing you can see there is the remains of a gtig relaese bearing that has been broken from clucth whilst somebody has butchered teh gearbox off. If you are using a gti6 box then either swap to a std 205 type be3 setup and mi16 clucth or use gti6 clucth and clucth arm setup and a modded 205 cable

gtiles85
that bearing you can see there is the remains of a gtig relaese bearing that has been broken from clucth whilst somebody has butchered teh gearbox off. If you are using a gti6 box then either swap to a std 205 type be3 setup and mi16 clucth or use gti6 clucth and clucth arm setup and a modded 205 cable

Ok that makes alot of sence now ( will be having words with the guy who sold it to me) I will probably use the gti6 setup but i take it i need a new clutch now ?

Cheers, Les. :unsure:

jonnie205

yeah you will need a new clutch, i got loads a realy good used ones if you want one

Sign in to follow this