• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jtek

Gti6 Engines

jtek

At the moment I have the 266 discs and calipers from a 306 HDI. I chose these because they are apparently a fair bit lighter then the GTI6 items, but then again at the time i wasn't planning on going down that route engine wise. Does anybody this setup on a GTI6 powered car? whether it be with uprated pads and fluid etc. Also, I currently run Gaz adjustables up front (non-coilover), and with the heavier mass i feel its probably wise to go with the coilovers, especially as there is a group buy running at the moment, and i was just wondering what sort of spring rates and lengths people are running for track use?

Cheers

Anthony

266mm brakes will be plenty upto the job of stopping a 205 GTi-6 - just stick some reasonable pads in them and some fresh fluid, and they'll take all the abuse you can throw at them on road and track :)

springs

im guessing the 306 brakes are a straight swap on the 205's ?

Baz

Yep.

James_R

I'm still going with std 1.9 brakes on mine DS2500 pads, wilwood bias vlave (rear comps pulled out) and 5.1DOT AP fluid not had any issues when I was running an Mi. Might try EBC yellows next though.

Oh and 1.6 hubs won't take any other brakes bar 1.9 calipers still on 1.6 discs (but even this is enough of an upgrade)

Edited by James_R

Alastairh

S16 calipers is a nice little upgrade. Cheap as chips from the scrappy, reasoanble selection of pads available. Also means you can still chuck 14's on aswell.

I've also done this conversion to a iron blocked 16v 205 and done the job fine.

jtek

Cool, I was probably going to look at some better fluid and DS2500's anyway. Any idea on front spring rates? I am not too fussed on ride comfort but obvious its got to be driveable on the road and not dancing around the place.

Cheers

Sign in to follow this