• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dch1950

Refurbishing Girling Calipers

dch1950

Hi everyone,

I have decided to switch from my current Bendix front calipers (clunk click every trip) to the 1.9 Girling version. I obtained a pair from Efray and have a Bigg red seal kit to fit if neccessary.

I dismantled both calipers, bleed nips out - OK, pistons out - OK, slider and bolts out - OK.

The only thing that raises a query is the slider pins. One of each pair seems to have a piece/section of rubber tube fitted to it. These being slightly smaller in diameter than the other of the pair.

My question is what purpose does the sleeved pin serve , if at all.

Or alternatively is this actually right or have I got to buy some new slider pins (cos I've got 2 that are the wrong size)

Can anyone help/comment

regards

Dave

Ps my pug is a PH2 1.6 1991

petesy71

hi dave, dont know what the rubbers for but i recently refurbed my calipers with the big red kit and my sliders were the exact same, two with a rubber sleeve. i put them all back together and they're working great, so i wouldnt worry about it, cheers, pete.

dch1950
hi dave, dont know what the rubbers for but i recently refurbed my calipers with the big red kit and my sliders were the exact same, two with a rubber sleeve. i put them all back together and they're working great, so i wouldnt worry about it, cheers, pete.

Cheers Pete,

It just seems a odd thing to do doesn't it. I.e why ?

Still if its' AOK then fair enough.

I just want to get rid of the reverse clunk.

regards

Dave

petesy71

hi dave, it seemed odd to me as well, but i reckoned they were ok as both sides were the same. maybe someone can reveal they're purpose?

Sign in to follow this