• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dj_mini

Xsara Vts Loom?

Dj_mini

Iv bought a xsara vts for a conversion on my 205 but im unsure if i can use the loom is it the same as the 306 gti6 loom?

Thanks Dan

welshpug

you can use it no probs, though there are some small differences IIRC, allpraisethegti used one of these looms in his car.

Richie-Van-GTi

Yup, its the same loom but citreon dont use the numbering system like peugeot so it can get a bit more complicated.

Best option is to first pin out all the wires to the ecu plug and label them as they are easily identified that way using autodata. then pin out from each plug to work out all you sensor wiring. You'll have a few stragglers left over after that which can soon be worked out by posting up here :)

Dj_mini

Top man thats what i wanted to hear :) Ill crack on with taking it out now then.

jackherer

I think the later Xsaras have multiplex looms which wont work in a 205, what year is it?

Dj_mini

Its an s reg so i would expect it to be the normal type? To unlock the ecu do i just need to un plug the transponder wile the engine is running like you do on the saxo's and 106's?

Alastairh
you can use it no probs, though there are some small differences IIRC, allpraisethegti used one of these looms in his car.

No he didn't.

He used a Phase 1 306 loom converted by me from my old 205 ;)

welshpug

ahh my mistake, I thought he did as I got the wheels and cat off the car that donated its engine ;)

Dj_mini
ahh my mistake, I thought he did as I got the wheels and cat off the car that donated its engine :)

Oh bugger has any one used the vts loom then?

Richie-Van-GTi

never used a vts loom but have used various citreon looms for mi16, s16 and 2.0 turbo etc. The principles the same on all systems except of course multiplex (even then the loom plugs and wires can be used just not the ecu). Just go ahead, get the loom and do what I said above. :)

platty

Im doing the very same conversion at the moment with a VTS loom. Also peeling open the loom today has revealed numbers on the cabling, I'll let you know how I get on.

jonnie205

loom are slightly differnt but tidier as they only have 1 plug to wire into where the 306 has 2. The loom is exactly the same to wire into and i have done a few xsara looms and all have had wire numbers the same as pug. Pin 14 will get it running then just fuel pump and gauges and a spikey rev counter loom

Sign in to follow this