• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
SurGie

207 Gti's Seat Fit Into A 205

SurGie

Hi everybody, ever since i seen the 207's gti seats iv wondered if they would fit in a 205?

If so will i need the old seat belt clip and does the 207 seats have electric's fitted to them? :)

timmsy19

might be wrong but i dont think its been done yet.

they do look very nice though

Edited by timmsy19

SurGie
might be wrong but i dont think its been done yet.

they do look very nice though

too right, but i think they mite be too wide.

Il try do some research on sizes etc, they will probobly start having 207 gti's that have been

wrote off within a year or two so that mite be my interior up grade.

timmsy19

im thinking maybe slightly wider than the 206 GTi seats they have been fitted before

if so might just be a case of ditching the door bins and putting some plates on like the 309 seats but a tad wider?

SurGie
im thinking maybe slightly wider than the 206 GTi seats they have been fitted before

if so might just be a case of ditching the door bins and putting some plates on like the 309 seats but a tad wider?

Nice idea!

I was thinking of putting small new electric window swtiches in the door handle maybe, if i can fit some in, it'l make it easier to

sort the windows out.

Any idea's where i can get the modified frames from, and the catches as well?

Im not sure if i could get the 207's seat belts fitted maybe?

timmsy19

could be wrong but if you use the whole 205 subframe including beslts then surely its just a case of wider adpater plates to bolt the seat on????

SurGie
could be wrong but if you use the whole 205 subframe including beslts then surely its just a case of wider adpater plates to bolt the seat on????

Nice one, i just hope the 207's seats are of similar design underneith, then there should be no problem.

Il keep an eye on the forum & net, what the measuremnts will be.

Thanks

paul205mi16

What do they look like then? not seen any yet..Any pics?

SurGie
peugeot-207-rc-2.jpg

Now there the seats i'm talking about, they do look similer to the 205 shaped ones just alot more strenth/style and very comfy, I dont think

they will be much of a problem, they have the seat movement bracket at the bottom like the 205.

They do look bigger in the car in real life though

i'm on the lookout for some for def now, they look so gooood !! ;)

Para

They lovely but not even close with style to the classic interior of 205 GTI.

SurGie
Hi everybody, ever since i seen the 207's gti seats iv wondered if they would fit in a 205?

If so will i need the old seat belt clip and does the 207 seats have electric's fitted to them? :)

The original seats are good till you see the stitching not straight, bolsters going flat and my girlfriend sliding out of them altough the style is good

and them being in black the 207 ones are much stronger. With my 205 GTI being much quicker and alot more modified i want to feel more part of the

chassis of the car, (well thats the plan anyway's) :)

Better having peugeot seats than some after maket one's i was planning on getting to get the car's look an feel just right.

Il still keep the rear seats in, does any one know for sure if they come in black?

DaveW

You might as well buy some black recarcos be cheaper and easyer to fit.

SurGie
You might as well buy some black recarcos be cheaper and easyer to fit.

I was thinking of getting some of those, the turbo ones iv seen somewhere on net, just could not find them in the shop.

Longun

How heavy would those 207 seats be?!?

I personally don't think they would suit the look of the 205, way to modern.

SurGie

Id like to know the weight aswell, It not a definate mod yet but i do like the look of them being a tight fit when you sit in them, also bit safer.

Id prefere them in full black leather to suit dash etc, mite go with recardo turbo seats if i can get the ones i like.

brianthemagical

You could go for any seats, maybe Scooby seats?

MerlinGTI

Not keen on those at all, they are all lardy! Like cars tend to be these days.

Its all about 206 GTI 180 seats, far less bulky :rolleyes:

KRISKARRERA
How heavy would those 207 seats be?!?
Exactly what I was thinking, what with the 10 airbags all seats seem to have these days they probably weigh more than an entire 205 interior!

V8Pete

I remember seeing a thread a year or two ago where someone had put 206 GTI seats into a 309, but can't find it anymore. Does anyone know where it is? I'd love to have another look at it.