• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
shalmaneser

Light Buzzer Not Working

shalmaneser

Hi,

Was flicking through The '93/'94 205 brochure (which is fairly interesting actually...) and noticed that the 205 is supposed to have a 'lights on warning buzzer' here at the bottom of 'exterior'. It's not standard on all the models, but is on the Gti SDTD etc.

Mines a late '89, Phase 1.5 and it doesn't make any noises when I open the door and leave the lights on - was it only introduced phase 2 or later, or should I have it, it'd be very useful! Normally not a problem cos I'm not a muppet, but I always drive with the lights on, and left them one once by accident when going to the shops. Was only gone for 10 minutes, so no worries, but I'd rather not have it happen again and have to beg a jump start!

Any tips on what might be up, and good places to start looking?

Ta,

Adam.

welshpug

pretty sure they're only fitted on phase 2 on cars, my 89 GTi hasn't got one, but my 93 309 does.

jimistdt

I had this with mine and I was told that the buzzer is sited on the steering column under the plastic cowling. I wouldn't know whether its supposed to be on Ph1.5, but if it is not then you can make your own.

TOPIC

Jimi ;)

Edited by jimistdt

steve@cornwall
pretty sure they're only fitted on phase 2 on cars, my 89 GTi hasn't got one, but my 93 309 does.

I've never had one on anything before "J" reg

Baz

90>

Generally ph2's only. ;)

dirtdog

I should have one of these then? News to me....obviously mine is dead!

McDude

I've got a 91H P1.5 with no buzzer.

timmsy19
I should have one of these then? News to me....obviously mine is dead!

would appear to have the same then. although now its been mentioned i will double check later

Baz

They don't last forever, or sound terrible, or have been ripped out because they're annoying i can imagine!!

They're a white thing similar to a relay iirc. ;)

Edited by Baz

shalmaneser

Hmmm, looks like I'll just have to be more careful in future! Odd that they're not fitted as standard - I guess I just adds to the Ph1 /1.5 205's character!

Wonder if they can be retro-fitted?

I'll have to have a poke around in a phase 2 next time one turns up at the scrappy.

Sign in to follow this