• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Para

Help To Recognise My Brakes

Para

Hi all..

I am not quite sure what kind of brakes i have in front, I know that it's NOT 1.6 GTI calipers for sure. If I will make a pic, through the 15" original alloy whell of those calipers are you able to tell me what's inside ???

Edited by Para

Tom Fenton

Should be able to, assuming they are still the 247mm standard size discs. If you are sure they are not 1600 calipers then they should be Girling 1900 calipers. A picture will tell for sure though.

BusEngineer

Need a pic really ;)

Baz

Or 306 calipers... could be a few really.

Para

I will have pics tonight or tomorrow, thanks for help. Was looking at some pictures and I suspect the one from 306 S16 but im not sure

allanallen
I will have pics tonight or tomorrow, thanks for help. Was looking at some pictures and I suspect the one from 306 S16 but im not sure

if they're the ones i had fitted to it, they'll be 1.9 brakes. as said measure the disc aswell ;)

Baz

They're bigger, 266mm with a similar to 1.9 caliper but a lug added on the bottom.

RossD

Yes, measuring the disc will help if you cannot get a good picture, but as above, they may be 1.9 GTi brakes ;)

Edited by RossD

Para

Here are pics, thanks for help

th_09440_P1010001_122_574lo.JPGth_09441_P1010002_122_582lo.JPGth_09443_P1010003_122_858lo.JPG

welshpug

could have taken a wheel off!!

jimistdt

I think you should offer a prize to the first person who gets it right! :):)

Jimi

Para

HEhe I thought you guys are so experience that you would recognise it even from the noise they are making :)

Alan do they look like the one which you fitted in ??

Edited by Para

Baz

Just look like 1.9 calipers to me from the pics. Can't tell alot more without wheel off pics. :)

allanallen
Alan do they look like the one which you fitted in ??

I rekon they are yes. The car seems to of had no other mods since i had it so they're more than likley still 1.9 brakes.......probably

Para

Thanks, they not very good I am thinking about changing them. Is there any point of changing the disc to better one or just go for gti6 setup ???

Baz

Personally with decent pads and fluid i find 1.9 calipers pretty damn good.

Pugnut
Personally with decent pads and fluid i find 1.9 calipers pretty damn good.

i'll second that. i just did disks and pads all round , fresh fluid and a clean up of the cylinders and i must say they dont half work well.

projectpug

Yeah there certainly pretty good and a lot lighter than gti6 too :)-i'l third that

Sign in to follow this