• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
dino20vt

Goodwood Seats

dino20vt

I was just wondering if 309 3 door goodwood seats fit straight into a 205 ie. 309 seats taken from a 3 door 309 with 3 door subframes!!

dino20vt

So should I keep the 309 subframes on the seats and 'make' them fit

OR

Put my 205 subframes onto the goodwood seats and 'make' them fit

Baz

You need to knock up some small plates with holes 50mm apart, then mount the 205 subframes to brackets, brackets to the seat, and then they'll fit into the car.

Fairly easy tbh. Do a search for more detailed instructions/guides and pics etc. :angry:

Ryan

The 309 subframes are a bit wider than the 205 ones, and don't quite match up with the mounting holes, so you'll need to make some brackets either way.

For mine I used the 205 subframes - bolted straight to the seat on the inner edge (nearest the handbrake), and some small brackets to make up the difference on the outside edge (about 20mm or so), this moves the seats 20mm-ish towards to middle of the car and stops them rubbing on the door bins.

dino20vt
The 309 subframes are a bit wider than the 205 ones, and don't quite match up with the mounting holes, so you'll need to make some brackets either way.

For mine I used the 205 subframes - bolted straight to the seat on the inner edge (nearest the handbrake), and some small brackets to make up the difference on the outside edge (about 20mm or so), this moves the seats 20mm-ish towards to middle of the car and stops them rubbing on the door bins.

Sounds easy enough

Anyone know if there is a 'How to' if I used the 'hidden' mounting points under the carpet?

Edited by dino20vt

dino20vt

Well I might have to do my own 'How To' once I get a 205 to put the goodwoods in! It should be pretty straight forward to use the 309 subframes and unused mounting points especially as I have a 309 to steal parts from, not just the seats.

jeremy

You must do what you feel most happy with however from reading the other linked thread it appears that you will need to either grind some of the original floor to seat backet away or weld a new piece in. This will envolve heat/sparks into the car interior, and IMO this should be avoided if possible. Also once this has been done to accept the 309 subframes it would not be an easy task to put 205 subframes back in. However with the process Ryan and I used all the cutting and shaping of simple plate brackets is done all out of the car, and can easily be reversed if you decide to go back to a 205 interior. It is up to you!

dino20vt

The impression I got was the alterations were to the subframe and to the brackets between the floor and subframes, I might be completly wrong and if permanent alterations to the 205 floor are needed then sod that, i'll be on the look out for JCB's!

pacey205

I used the 309 subframes and utlised the unused mounting holes at the front and made up some brackets to use for the rears. The seats end up at a nice height and dont foul on the handbrake or the door bins, winner!

Michael

dino20vt
I used the 309 subframes and utlised the unused mounting holes at the front and made up some brackets to use for the rears. The seats end up at a nice height and dont foul on the handbrake or the door bins, winner!

Michael

Well if I ever find a cheap 205 to put the goodwoods' in, i'll be enlisting your help!!

Phil H

Just use the thick washer / strengthening plates that hold the doors on. Perfect for the job. Obviousl get them off a scrapper, not your own car, else yors doors will fall off.

Andy F

could always just buy the goodwood interior i have already on 205 frames ;)

dino20vt

Ive got a 309, goodwood seats with subframes, just need a 205 to put the f***ers in!

Sign in to follow this