• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
timmsy19

Carbs Or Tb's?

timmsy19

Been thinking of having either some carbs or tb's for my mi16

I know there was a huge topic on the diffrences and things a few weeks back so that answered alot of questions.

Thing is is it really worth it. The daily drive to work is about 4 miles each way so not really ever going to get the chance to warm the car up as such apart from weekends. Wont be doing many track days and onyl the rare long drive

Would it be worth it or shall i stay on standard inlet? What sort of MPG should i get in theory with everythign set up and working correctly?

Thanks

damien

if your only doing a 4 mile trip it seems a waist of money to me, go get yourself a pushbike!!

thorttle bodies or carbs as you said has been covered before so its up to you, if its all set up right you should be able to see maybe even better your current mpg (with normal driving)

Martin W

The conclusion seems to be for a daily driver TB's have the bonus of being 3D mapable, I agree though .. get a push bike :wacko:

Dream Weaver

I wouldn't bother, I had TB's on my 205 which was used as my main car, although not every day.

For the money they cost it's not worth it for the gains available unless you are doing lots of trackdays/runs out, plus the noise can grate on you after a while!! They are awesome when giving it full beans, but a nicely setup std car is just as much fun IMO.

welshpug

how about a different tack, Proper management on the standard intake, and throw an inlet cam into the mix.

get full benefit from the inlet cam change, as well as better economy.

timmsy19

Thanks all

Been looking into a push bike but this time of year i'd rather not

Ok so if i replace my currently shoddy TB and sort the "chug" out ive still not got round to doing, have it set up to run spot on then think about an inlet cam?

Its running full Mi management on 3 row ECU but not sure which one it is?

what should i be looking to get and what sort of response/ gain is this going to give?

Edited by timmsy19

James_R

As mentioned, proper management and a 6 inlet mani and you'd be laughing.

Gains on TB's are dubious at the best of times, unless the cams dictate ITB set up.

projectpug

Carb/TB's not as worth it in your circumstances at all if it was a race/track car on a good budget then yes but for daily short driver no.

Carbs will also drink and need constant adjusting to keep the car on song and TB's are very expensive initially for not much gain on your particular setup.

base-1

And this thread was going SO well!!

Carbs will ..... need constant adjusting to keep the car on song

Wrong wrong wrong wrong, fail, NO. ;)

bobob
And this thread was going SO well!!

Wrong wrong wrong wrong, fail, NO. ;)

So you agree then?

:D

Sign in to follow this