• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben-1888

Air Flow Meters

Guest ben-1888

Is the air flow meters from 1.6 and 1.9 the same??

im pretty sure i have a 1.6 afm on my 1.9... it looks identical but the shape of the pipes are different which make it difficult to fit in any air filter... i have both parts but just aint sure if they both do the same job!!

also im having trouble gettin my suspension off... the drop link bolts(think thats what u call it) or top bolt to b exact started loosening then just stoped and the whole housing is now spinning with no noticable way of holding the other end of the bolt! bit of a hard one to explain but im sure use will no what i mean!

thanks... :blink:

jord294

1.6 and 1.9 afms are different.

check the numbers on the plastic lid

Ryan

The 1.6 and 1.9 airflow meters are different. They are the same size and shape, but calibrated differently internally.

Guest ben-1888
The 1.6 and 1.9 airflow meters are different. They are the same size and shape, but calibrated differently internally.

how do i know which is which??

jord294

a 1.9 afm has 109 iirc as the last three digits

number2301
also im having trouble gettin my suspension off... the drop link bolts(think thats what u call it) or top bolt to b exact started loosening then just stoped and the whole housing is now spinning with no noticable way of holding the other end of the bolt! bit of a hard one to explain but im sure use will no what i mean!

thanks... :D

On the other side to the nut theres a hex shaped bit, just behind where it mounts to the strut body. Get a spanner on there while you undo the nut from the other end.

Rich_p
On the other side to the nut theres a hex shaped bit, just behind where it mounts to the strut body. Get a spanner on there while you undo the nut from the other end.

When I replaced mine one side was like that so easy but the other side had what loked like a washer with 2 flat sides that no spanner on earth would fit so so adjustable grips or mole grips may come in handy to

Sign in to follow this