• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jamiej

Most Rewarding Job Ever

jamiej

Bored ... so i thought i would try and do something with my drivers side bolster.

The bolster really lets the interior of the car down, as apart from the fact that the bolster is like a saggy bit of leather over a pole, the rest of the interior is mint.

So, Armed with a knife i went to a local scrappy and attacked a mouldy GTX seat.

cut out the bolster and went home (after explaining the seat was not saleable, i got the bolster for £2)

After taking my seat out (which wasn't totally straight forward) and taking the sub frame off, again, very confusing, i took the leather off the seats by undoing the clips, shook out the powder left from the old bloster and went about putting the new one in.

Took a while to wangle the new one in as the leather is very tightly stretched over the bolster but i finally made it (without ripping anything), did back up the clips and HEY PRESTO, done ... looks amazing, and lot more supportive under spirited driving !!!

So .. if your bolster is saggy and rubbish ... spend £2 for a replacement bolster and get to work. You wont regret it !!!

Jamie

jimistdt

Thats brill. :excl:, you could use one from a scap passenger seat too I would have thought. Very clever.

Jimi :(

jamiej

I DID !!! great minds think alike.

Pugnut

there's a very good guide on this on the main site also

Sign in to follow this