• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
large

Bulk Head Chop

large

Has anyone got any pis of a choped bulk head for a Mi16 conversion.

M@tt

search for returnofjim's project thread there's pic in there

large

Droped the engine in just to see how much to take out and it dont look like you neet to remove alot. Philfingers did you remove all the dash or just the bottom part?

M@tt: Thanks for the info funny you say that guess who i had the engine off. I did have a look at the car that it came out of. I sould have taken some pics i know. I would just like to see as many ways of doing this there are.

Edited by large

Stu

bulkheadchopmod.jpg

Heres mine..

As per the image, the upper edge could have done with being a little higher, its still close. BUT, it has never once caught, and it get some major abuse during the trackdays and such so im confident it'll never be a problem.

Just would have been nice to have a little more room. :blink:

Edited by Stu

philfingers

I'm wondering whether the lip I left is too big. I looked at various other pics and thought it was ok. TBH if I'd made it much bigger I could have got a RWD box in there! It's probably a little larger than the std lip as I folded the new metal over the old, could always takes some more out whilst it's still apart!

Large, I removed the dash, heater box the whole deal. Only left the loom in. I'm cutting the seat rails out and welding them in properly too, strut tops and seam welding other bits and pieces, including the engine mount and the bit that rots below the m/c is getting strengthed too.

Stu, wouldn't mind seeing you car. You around this week. Will drop you a mail

Phil

Stu

Yes mate, pop round at the weekend if you like, its parked up at my 'other' garage at the mo so ill have to get it out, or ill have a run over to you? Either way mate! :blink:

Sign in to follow this